a question to horsepower

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bart One
  • 9 comments
  • 691 views
Messages
21
Hi all. Do anyone know, what is the max hp I can lose by driving Toyota GT-ONE for a long time?
Thanks
Bart1
 
Wrong thread, you want the regular GT4 thread, this is the Drifting thread.
 
I might be wrong but I think the maximum bhp loss is usually about 10-20% with around 50% of that loss being recoverable by an oil change.
 
Well I've been driving my GT-ONE over 3000 kilometres without any HP loss...
 
Pink_the_Floyd
Well I've been driving my GT-ONE over 3000 kilometres without any HP loss...

I bet that's the black one, which will recover all lost horsepower with every oil change. A new GT - One, or a new anything (apart from the FGT and the 1bhp efforts from the stone age) loses something like 5% or 10% of its original power as a maximum after oil change, and takes 8000 miles to do so. Second hand cars with high mileage have already past the 8000 mile mark and have therefore already lost all the power that they are going to lose. They will therefore recover to the same point after every oil change.
 
Can that power be gained back?
 
Not in new cars, although refreshing the body of the car will give you a little better performance, when the HP is gone, is gone for good.

Ciao....
 
A certain ammount ends up gone for good but an oil change brings some back, from then on though your stuck on a cycle of losing that ammount again and then an oil change bringing it back, but the original maximum power is never attainable again after a certain ammount of usage.
 
I change the oil every 1000 miles and it will still do 350+mph!:lol:
Also you might want to look at THIS thred
 
just like a real car really,

I have a 1988 Holden Commodore, that has done over 1,000,000km (621,000m) (no typo) and I can guarantee that it has a darn sight less HP that when it was brand new
 
Back