a quick question for those that know

• Thread starter KanaL
  • 14 comments
ive got a psone (not the original brick type :D ) and my memory card is a pretty massive one (32 MB i think) but it isnt a sony one.

i have had problems trying to load cars from my garage into the gt2 arcade game. what could my problem be?

I also have that kind of memory card type, it's like an 8 in 1. But because it's not a Sony one well it as often corrupt the files I had on it. Anyway I've got 3 memory cards so I don't really botter with that, I just save everything on the Sony one.

yeah, well a the moment (since of got back into GT2), ive been a bit short on funds, so a new mem card is outa the question

If the memcard uses a battery, make sure it is not dying or out of juice. Sometimes the lack of power corrupts the saves. Don't kill the messenger, but I avoid anything other than 1x cards.

i've never had a problem with non-sony memory.
i haven't used one with a battery, though.

Start saving your pennies for a Sony memory card. Third-party cards are notorious for this kind of behavior. I had an Interact single page card when I first had my PS (way back in 96 :D ). I bought it to save five bucks over the Sony and wound up losing my Final Fantasy VII save and spending twenty bucks on the Sony card anyway. :grumpy:

I've never even considered a third party card since.

i'm having problems with my card, generic piece of ----. does anyone know how to help, or is all lost. itle load and then says ERROR....HELP

Ouch. with a background in electronics, I never trusted/ or tried the third party cards. I was always more worried about frying the machine than losing a save though, spread the word on the generic hardware...
As far as recovery, If you or someone you know has a sony card, try the garage trade with the offending device in slot 2 after loading the sony card save from slot one. It will cost you, but if it is one of those prize cars that you can rarely win, it might be worth it. My friend C. will never learn, and he lost all of his cars on the original GT. He is currently running (you guessed it) an interact card on his PS2. so far he has been OK but he has to put in the memory card CD before the card will work. I can recommend this card for archiving game saves you never play, but other that; avoid it...

ok boys and girls... thanks a lot..
when ive got the money ill go out and buy a sony card, but for now, ill just haveta put up with using the cars that work from my garage in arcade mode... ahh well

its only some cars tho... ont that comes to mind is the Ceberra LM edition

I have five memory cards
-4 are for GT2 (normal game)
-1 is for GT2 (hybrids and gamesharked stuff)

The one for GSing is the one that isn't Sony. (I think it is made by Pelican or something).
My real games are kept on the reliable cards :thumbsup:

I've had my PS (yeah the original) for about 5 years now, I got a Score Saver mem card at the same time. I've never had a problem with it. I think there are different levels of 3rd party cards. There's 4.99, Bargain bin cards and 14.99-19.99 almost original cards. KNOW THE DIFFERENCE!!

Er, my third party card was $14.99 and made by Interact (hardly a no-name accesory company). It sucked anyway.

All I can say is- you're one of the lucky ones.

And welcome to GTPlanet. :)

well the GT2 files wont even apper in the sony mem card screen
but Oh well, of to start a new game, already on day 372 and got all licences in 1:30-2:00HOURS

Back