England
Player_7421
Player 7421
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I found this rare version of GT5 in my local games shop, I have never seen it until yesterday when I bought it right away. Can anybody identify what edition of the game it actually is? I can't find it anywhere on the Internet, but I think it's suppose to be some 1st edition of the collectors edition but it doesn't include any extra content. Can anybody identify the actual name of this version of GT5?

I uploaded this on my phone, this explains why the pictures are before the post itself. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
It's the version that came bundled with the blue PS3. I have no clue how many they sold but they're listed for $300+ USD on ebay so they must be somewhat rare.:cheers:

148409_4.jpg

Last edited:
Nice find, I guess you pre-ordered GT5 back in 2010 or something. I would like to have a collection like that myself, but I fail at organization sometimes.

Its an Apex edition. I own one.

Depending on the region perhaps but in my country its not exactly rare. Its even more common than the plain version, atleast until the Academy Edition which came in 2012.

Its an Apex edition. I own one.

Depending on the region perhaps but in my country its not exactly rare. Its even more common than the plain version, atleast until the Academy Edition which came in 2012.

There's a few small differences between the Apex edition and the one he's asking about (you can see the difference in his 3rd pic which shows the Apex Edition and the one in question side by side).

image-jpeg.581916

Apex Edition Front:

gran_turismo_5_collectors_edition_2.jpg

There is also a difference in the Apex guide. 1 of them is on the front it says "Ultimate car guide" on the version I bought & on the collectors edition it's "the Gran Turismo exclusive magazine". I have both & the Ultimate car guide has a list of all the cars in the game (not including DLC) in the back, whereas the collectors edition one doesn't it stops just after the tracks.

Back