A simple cockpit view suggestion...

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 3 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
I played a little GT Sport tonight to shake off the cobwebs before Friday, and while driving in cockpit view an idea hit me. I've been playing a lot of American Truck Simulator and in that game I have it set to rotate the camera view as I turn left and right. (see video) I think this would be a great addition to GT, and would help with seeing apexes in tight corners. (like the last corner on Streets of Willow) We should petition PD to make this happen... ;)

NFS Shift had a look to apex feature way back in 2009. I'm on the fence about it as I find it somewhat disorienting sometimes. For cockpit view, I wish GT7 had something more like the Forza Horizon/Daytona USA locked to the dashboard view (no steering wheel) which I find very good for driving and also still immersive. I wish there was another option that located a camera similar to that just in the middle of the dash, instead of on the drivers side. It would be quite similar to a typical (non-POV) onboard camera mounted between the front seats.

Funnily your driver character always looks towards the racing ling/apex :D

Back