A-Spec 24Hr. NBRG

  • Thread starter Thread starter luvtadrive
  • 12 comments
  • 1,711 views
Messages
176
Okay, here it is . What kind of lap times are the AIs turning in the dry night time hours. I get eatten alive by the frontrunners every time it stops raining. I get up by 3 laps in the rain by lap 40 & BINGO the rains stops, my laps increase by 30 to 45 sec. but the guys I lapped by 3 in the rain unlap themselves inabout 25 to 35 & Iam toast. Can anyone provide laptimes of the leaders (B-Spec times aren't relavant) Soos I can practice practice practice.I've tried the P-908: Minolta Toy: Audi R8-05 . Nothing i"ve tried does the trick. Another thing is No matter what Race compound tire I use I burn them off in 2 laps so I pit every other & take 35 liters with 20 still on board. So I know I need more time on the track but I need a target time simi-lar to what that SOB in the R8 -01 is running. Thanks.
 
X2010, problem solved.
👎

Use Racing Softs.
It's pretty much your driving style. I've seen people struggle with the 908 and burning out tyres after 2 laps. Maybe try using some assists? 1 TCS?

I haven't tried this event, but try using the Audi R10. Because it's a diesel, you won't have to wait in the pits for a full refuel.
 
You can ask in the forums to borrow somebody's x2010 and do it that way but if you want to use the cars you have (although I haven't done this particular race yet) use racing softs. Through other events I've clearly seen PD has grossly miscalculated tire wear on the soft/medium/hards. Softs last me basically the same length of times as racing hards do and the softs will obvisously drastically improve the times.
 
I've done a couple of enduros myself. I don't know if The Ring 24hr is any different from Laguna Sega (Which I did the other arvo) but a good way to conserve your tyres is to calm down, don't take the corners too fast. Don't try to get it over and done with. Just drive smooth and calm all while maintaining a lead which shouldn't be too hard
 
I've done a couple of enduros myself. I don't know if The Ring 24hr is any different from Laguna Sega (Which I did the other arvo) but a good way to conserve your tyres is to calm down, don't take the corners too fast. Don't try to get it over and done with. Just drive smooth and calm all while maintaining a lead which shouldn't be too hard

👍

Its an endurance race. Slow it down. You should be able to beat them in a LMP since I am pretty sure they drive around in GT cars. Otherwise you can borrow someones X1 and kick the 1's and 0's out of the AI. Or just use assists if your really finding it difficult. :)
In the night you can also up the brightness in the pause menu / quick options menu / Brightness. Helps a lot if your finding it hard :)
 
Last edited:
1st of all the AI don't just drive GT cars they also use le-man cars and second the peugeot 908 is diesil so should need less fuel. Look to lap sub 8 mins and you should be fine.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the input. Yes it is my my lap times, they have to come down I have an X10 but am reluctant to use it because of the shake it develops in straights. I belong to the 80 Golds License club in GT4 but by 8.5 to 9 hrs into this race the leaders can pass me for 1st after being down by 3 laps. If it rains for the whole 24hrs I'd have the fastest AI down by 12 laps. Tires seem to last longer in the wet. OK then.
 
Mazda 787B w/ racing softs, problem solved!

But it should be fairly easy in the 908. Even in the dry.
Search the GTplanet forum for a tune, it will help alot.

Also if I remember correctly, the R8 '01 does something as 8' 45 or something, and I can make the 908 go 7' 30 around the 24 hour track. So again, it should be easy.

Tyres in the dry = 3 laps
Tyres in the wet = 4-5 laps

If you want to overkill your opponent, use the FGT, 787B or Minolta ;)

Good luck.
 
Mazda 787B w/ racing softs, problem solved!

But it should be fairly easy in the 908. Even in the dry.
Search the GTplanet forum for a tune, it will help alot.

True, there a great 908 tune here at the planet. I was going 4 laps between stops on Racing soft. In the wet was out of gas before tires worn, 6 laps. Thanks to the boys at RKM tuning
 
OK. Here is what I found out. I was being victimized by the "Deadzone Syndrome". Fixed that( ASK ME HOW) & my second lap in a detuned (haha)stock set-up,701 bhp Sauber was a 7:48 ___22 sec. ahead of second place in the dry. I think I've found the speed but now tire wear is going to be another matter. I'am using an old second hand Driving Force EX
 
The cars ARE all Le Mans cars. Wouldn't use the X2010 either if you want a competitive race. If you just want to get through it then a slowly driven X2010 is faster than the field. Plus the X2010 is much more of a strain on the hands and arms.

It's gonna take consistency lap-after-lap. Run the race in B-spec and look at the live timing monitor to see what their best laps are when it's not raining. Then go into practice mode and drive for consistent laps that are equal to or better than the AI.
 
FOLLOW-UP:Last post I had got good results with Mercedes\Sauber but got into the race in the wet & by the time it became dry it was bent to crap. Went back to the Peugot 908. with same as stated in prior post. Whats left? The X10 is the last resort. Bought an Audi R10 TDI '06. That was the ticket. Thanks to Poster's set-ups & some tweaks for driving style, if you can call it style, I finished 4 laps ahead of 2nd place. I had to work for it- it wasn't a breeze but definitely doable & no fluke. I don't see many recommendations for this car & I don't Know why. Ist & foremost, for me anyway, its nearly indestuctable & very forgiving & easy to correct too. Thanks to all who informed & advised. I won another TDI. Now if get a hold of that '01 Audi I'll be set.
 
Back