A Spec & B Spec Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lavindathar
  • 13 comments
  • 872 views
Messages
38
Very quick question:

As soon as you run one race in B spec mode, do all your A spec points dissapear?

On the status screen, it only says A spec points, but I have a feeling that If I run a B spec race, that will change, and it will then tally my B spec points and not my A spec points.

If not, how do you view both?
 
1. No.
2. Go to the Status option at your home (top right).
 
blue_sharky39
1. No.
2. Go to the Status option (top right).

What?



If you run ANY part of a race in B-spec you are awarded ONLY B-spec points and NO A-spec points.
 
dbartucci
What?



If you run ANY part of a race in B-spec you are awarded ONLY B-spec points and NO A-spec points.

I was wondering about that myself...

...what you're saying is: If I start a long race in B-spec mode, then on the last pit, switch to A-spec mode, I won't get any A-spec points? I figured that would be a cheezy way to get A-spec, just haven't tried it yet.

UMP
 
You won't get anything. I've thought of that, and ran the end of a B-Spec enduro in A-Spec. Got zilch.

One time, I used my B-Spec Bob to sub for me while I went to the commode... just for those 5 laps he drove, I got docked all my A-Spec! Grrr... :(
 
niky
You won't get anything. I've thought of that, and ran the end of a B-Spec enduro in A-Spec. Got zilch.

One time, I used my B-Spec Bob to sub for me while I went to the commode... just for those 5 laps he drove, I got docked all my A-Spec! Grrr... :(

It was a nice idea while it lasted though eh? ;)

UMP
 
dbartucci
What?

If you run ANY part of a race in B-spec you are awarded ONLY B-spec points and NO A-spec points.
Yeah, but the question was: If I run a B-Spec race, do all my A-Spec points disappear. What you are saying is true, but it's not what Lavindathar was asking.
 
blue_sharky39
Yeah, but the question was: If I run a B-Spec race, do all my A-Spec points disappear. What you are saying is true, but it's not what Lavindathar was asking.

Yup bang on.

I mean, say I race 10 A spec races and recieve 100 points.

I then race 1 B spec race and recieve 10 points.

Is it only the B spec points that appear in the status screen?

Just because, on the status screen at the moment, there is only a space for

A Spec Mileage
A Spec Points
B Spec Mileage

So I was wondering if the B spec points replaced the A spec points.
 
Under B-Spec mileage there is a grey box. That contains the B-Spec points.
 
blue_sharky39
Under B-Spec mileage there is a grey box. That contains the B-Spec points.

Correct.

I.e.

If you race entirely in A-spec and get 10 points, you have those 10 points permanently.

If you race the same exact race in B-spec and get X points, you still keep your A-spec points + whatever B-spec you earn.

(same goes if you do B-spec first and A-spec 2nd for the same race)

UMP
 
Are you talking about the "possible a-spec points" readout that appears at the top right of the race entry screen, which shows all the cars entered into the race? Mine nearly always says 000, regardless of what a-spec points I am offered when I actually choose to begin the race. It has no effect on my total a-spec points as listed in my status screen.
 
Alfaholic
Are you talking about the "possible a-spec points" readout that appears at the top right of the race entry screen, which shows all the cars entered into the race? Mine nearly always says 000
Doesn't it say "best a-spec points", not "possible"?
 
Blue Sharky got the answer right in the second post.
You have to enter the status menu to see your B spec points.
 
Back