A-spec Beginners Level NASCAR Challenge: Daytona International Speedway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 47 comments
I hate this one.
For you guys i could be easy,but i was really struggling with it,multiple attempts (over 80+ i guess) before i got the gold.
It was very frustraing for me.
Gold and done.

If its hard, its probably setup related. Its Nascar, what did you expect?

I found it very hard with a badly setup car. Once my car was setup all I had to do was 100% power on the straights, you let off the power on the tighter corners, you can feather on the more open corners and you just have to dodge the opponents which in itself can be quite painful if you stuff up, just like in real life.

Is it me, but weren't all of the NASCAR models listed in their respective garages at one point? I didn't realize the older models were tucked away in the 'Recommended Cars' section of the menu.

With the 200% login bonus the time is finally right to load up my garage with all of the NASCARs available in the game.

(I've only got the single Jeff Gordon prize car).

So win, purchase, win purchase. Or in other words: Lather, rinse, repeat.

As easy as this events sounds, I should have them all in hour or two.

Half way to obtaining all the NASCAR models in the game by using each car once. It's more tedious than I thought but a cheap way to get all the cars.

Took a few attempts to win this one. Catching and passing the pack wasn't hard but keeping them off my tail to the line was a challenge.

I've been playing around with this one just to see what all you can get away with here and it's amazing how easy this is. But, in doing so, I actually am running a tune now that makes it even easier to win in career mode in A-spec, and last night, on the first attempt, I got my B-spec driver to win as well. Not that anybody needs a tune for this event, but this is what I'm running, and it's so easy even a caveman could tune it.

Suspension, everything is at the max, except camber is 1.0 front and rear, toe is -0.01 front and rear, and brakes are front 1 and rear 0.
Transmission is stock setup with max speed set at 217
Diff is 20/10/10
620pp on the power, which for me is 94.3%@841hp
Downforce front is 220, rear is 400
I'm on the DS3 with all aids turned off, steering sensitivity on 5 (pretty sure that's original setting but wanted to make sure.) SRF on or off makes no difference in handling or times.

I can drive it anywhere (passing high or low), never lifting, and on the seasonal, you should be in the lead at turn 2 of lap 2. If you drop to the bottom and break the draft, they cannot catch you nor draft you and you can win by over 4 seconds.

On career mode, drop the power to meet requirements. You can't break the draft, but all they can do is get beside you, they can't get around you. That being said, you still have to watch your mirrors and stay low. If they get on the bottom, they WILL wreck you.

If you're letting Bob handle it, you set him to wide open with the choke out, hold down R1 and never let off accelerate, and when he inevitably tries to go high, force him to change lanes low. He got in the lead about 3/4 of the way through lap 3 and I kept him low which, again, gave him the win because they could not get around him.

We need some classic NASCAR to mix it up.

Now that you put the idea into my head . . .

*shakes new fist at PD.

This is a great beginner's race and also provides plenty of flexibilty for advanced players to have fun, too.
I bet there are hundreds of players out there who are new to the game, booted themselves online, do this race and get a lot more confident at tackling the more difficult races.

Plus they get to make some moolah. :D

Here is the only NASCAR tune I have in my garage but it seems to do the trick here.

2013 Jeff Gordon 24 Chevrolet SS (627PP RH Road/ Twisty Track Setup) - Reduce power to meet regs.

If you can't match the transmission settings, reset to default, leave gear ratios as standard and extend FG to give more speed when drafting.

nascarimg1-jpg.149162

BTW this is a wicked tune. Does it for me every time. Cheers.

Won this with my Jeff Gordon 2013 Chevy!

Settings I used:

Suspension

Ride height 65, 64
Spring rate 24.55, 21.00

Dampers compression 1, 1
Dampers extension 2, 2

Camber 0.0, 0.0 NO CAMBER
Toe angle -0.22 -0.11
Brake balance 6, 5

Transmission

Reset transmission
Move final gear from 3.000 to 5.000
Then move auto speed from 205 to 217
Leave 4th gear where it is, 0.688. The sliders for 1st 2nd and 3rd gear, move all the way to the left.

Drivetrain

Acceleration sensitivity 60
initial torque 60
Breaking sensitivity 5

Body
Downforce 200, 400 NO DOWNFORCE AT DAYTONA

I hate this one.
For you guys i could be easy,but i was really struggling with it,multiple attempts (over 80+ i guess) before i got the gold.
It was very frustraing for me.
Gold and done.
Really? It took me just 2 tries with a stock Camry. The first time I got hit and got some sort of penalty which put me back to 11th place in the final lap :/

Just remember the cars are heavy and you'll be fine.

Strangely enough I wasn't too fond of the NASCAR races before having had a tough time some months ago in the Career Mode NASCAR races. You remember that? Now I've found having a well tuned car which gives me a fighting chance I quite like them now. I've had some pretty good wins in this Seasonal NASCAR races using @shaunm80 's tune (see a couple comments up #42). I only wish I had discovered it before back in the Career races.

Really? It took me just 2 tries with a stock Camry. The first time I got hit and got some sort of penalty which put me back to 11th place in the final lap :/

Just remember the cars are heavy and you'll be fine.

Well,i guess i'm not a slipstream talented racer,i don't like it.
I've used the #24 Nascar Chevy with the set up of Whoosier Girl (sorry if i spell this wrong).
Was very frustrating for me,easy to get up to the leading group,but when you arrive there were 2 cars that break away from it and the only thing i could do was just cathing them back.I've resetted this countless times because finishing second or third is not satisfying for me.

Well wrote down my settings:

Susp:
75 75
10.54 10
3 3
4 4
6 6
0.0 0.0
0.00 0.00

Trans:
max.speed 240 km/h
1 3.631
2 2.636
3 2.222
4 1.964
FG 2.000

LSD:

Power Limiter 94.3 %

Downforce
500 700

well i tweaked the original settings and i did forgot to copy it to my b or c settings.
can somebody share the original Whoosier Girl settings again please,it might help me in future.
thanks in advance.

edit:will post the brake balance later,noticed i forgot this.

Back