A-Spec Damage...it exists...

  • Thread starter Thread starter RacingManiac
  • 4 comments
  • 710 views
Messages
2,028
United States
United States
Messages
RaceManiacGT1
Maybe not the mechanical damage like in online races, but you can break your car enough to notice a drop in performance.....

Was doing the 9 hour race around Tsukuba in a RM NSX 91. Doing ~57-58s on RH tire and in the lead. Came up to a backmarker and AI being AI was wondering the road and ended up braking way earlier than I expected and I tapped it squarely in the middle and immediately the next time I get I on the brake I noticed I lost a ton of front grip/downforce as now the front tire locks up much more readily than before and I can't turn in as well. The lap time dropped to 1:02-1:03 immediately. Went to pit, changed tires and also to see if pitting fixes the car. Came out and it still has the same issue and I can't get the lap time down below 58 sec and the car just drove very poorly.

Neat thing to find that out, not so great since it cannot be fixed, and worse since its yet another thing that the poorly written AI caused it...
 
Yeah I notice immediate handling issues (usually in the form of understeer) after I have had a collision involving the front end or front side panels.

No real HP drops, at least none that I can detect and sometimes the understeer doesn't even occur. I can crash full speed into the wall at the end of the Tokyo straight and still have perfect handling. Maybe this coincides with race level, not driver level like tire wear and fuel consumption does.

If this really does exist and its not just a glitch or something, pitting should fix/ mitigate it. How many real life races have you seen with no contact. Racing is a contact sport. It happens. Thats why you have spare parts and duct tape in pit lane.

I remember making fun of Forza one time and crashed into a wall after like a Muslane straight...race was done right there. I can't imagine this being very hard to code into the game, the only reason they don't have it is because it eliminates the arcadey fun of GT's invincible cloud cars. Simple solution: have a disable damage feature.
 
Yeah it would be nice to have it as an option. It also seems to be car dependent too how easy this occurs. I did the 4 hr Ring race and it was largely mistake free but I did brush the wall a couple of times and seems to have no effect in the Nismo 380 RS. But I redid the race in the same NSX and with similar level of impact and the car seems to have suffer damage immediately.
 
Yes it seems to be car dependent. Maybe its power dependent, the Escudo became totally underivable after some real hard shunts.

I wish they just left the cars completely pristine instead of this Photoshop damage mode that occurs on most cars. GT penalizes you by changing the aspect ratio of the front end of your car when you clip a wall.
 
I have been suspecting, but it gives me little effect so far. Due to te wrong setting I have been hitting my 88C-V onto the wall which can cause me to become another Jeff Krosnoff for quite some times in the Indy 500 event. After like 8 laps the spoiler becomes swayed...& front bumper was totally deshaped as well. I still managed to keep on doing lap times around 39 secs though.
 
Back