A-spec Endurance Race: AI drives for you glitch. No BS.

  • Thread starter Thread starter GeechySuede
  • 2 comments
  • 2,574 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
13
Messages
GeechySuede
Who? Me...GeechySuede

What? A-spec Endurance Race: AI drives for you glitch.

Where: Tsukuba (4hr Miata Endurance Race)

Why? It just happened. I don't know.

How? .....see below.

Coming soon...I've got to process the video and race replay

Last 4mins of race on video taken from my cellphone.
Full replay saved...will videotape the replay for proof of the actual moment this occured.


The scenario:

I started the 4hr Miata Endurance race with a fully maxed out Mazda "07 Roadster (the one you buy from the dealer). Soft Race tires, aeros, everything.

I actually used a tune I found in the tuning guide. I was dominating the field. I was 24laps ahead.

After 3hr 15mins, around lap 190 or so, I went to pit seeing as I had less than 25% tirelife left. I decided last minute to pit on this lap so I made a hard right towards the pit. I was in the actual raceline so when I came in to the "lead-up" pitlane I was kind of out of control. Definitely came in hot!

Soon as I entered pitlane it switched over to cockpit view and the pit menu came up. I lost "control" of the car and, because the "lead-up" lane to pitlane was still turning right, I shot back out into the straightaway narrowly missing the beginning of the pit wall. I was now, out of control, pit menu up, and to regain control of the car I hit X on the default on the pit menu and was then back in drive view but now I was still not in "control".

The AI then tried to steer the car directly into the pit wall almost as if he was trying to drive through it to get into pitlane. I immediately panic seeing as I'm so deep into this race and would hate to lose it and the time I put in.

So now, the car is repeatedly bashing into the wall, backing up, angling 5ft left and doing the same thing. Eventually, the car gets to the end of the wall in front of pitlane and, much to my surprise, continues to drive straight. I thought at that point the AI was going to do a lap and pit automatically.

Only thing is though, it never pit. It just stayed out and drove the rest of the race.

This posed a couple problems....I was already at 25% tires. I had 45mins left to race. Even with a 24 lap lead I thought I was in jeopardy of losing the race in the event my car becomes undriveable thanks to 0% tires.

So.....
The AI raced the last 45mins on its own, with no tires.


Working on the video and replay as we speak...

discuss...
 
This is already being discussed elsewhere. Please use the search function in future.

Thread closed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back