A spec endurance race breaks?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scoop2004
  • 26 comments
  • 6,817 views
Messages
352
Messages
scoop2004
I'm currently running the roadster 4 hour endurance, Im 56 laps in and I've walked away from the game without pausing it. So the 4 hours are still going by, when I go back to it ill have 15 minutes less physical driving to do, but wil lstill win by many many laps..Does anyone else do this? If not, you should. Makes them more tolerable
 
yea I read a lot of people doing this.

I don't encourage or discourage it
 
Wow.... *Slaps forehead* Why didn't I think of that... But how will you get 1st place if you didn't pause it?
 
Wow, welcome to earth.

It's called parking. For example ... do a 9 hour tsukuba race in an X1, you only need to drive 5-6 hours of it because you get such a lead. Just make sure you come back and cross the finish line ;)
 
Makes them more tolerable


LOL I've currently got my 9 year old Son in training for that race, we're gonna do it in stints and I'm going to build my car so that it's capable of giving him a decent competetive race while I make up the places in my stints. Rather than finding a way to tollerate the enduros I think it's more of a way to embrace and enjoy them.
 
LOL I've currently got my 9 year old Son in training for that race, we're gonna do it in stints and I'm going to build my car so that it's capable of giving him a decent competetive race while I make up the places in my stints. Rather than finding a way to tollerate the enduros I think it's more of a way to embrace and enjoy them.

great plan +100 for using your child as an intelligent b-spec bob
 
great plan +100 for using your child as an intelligent b-spec bob

LOL Thanks, he wants to do the 24hr races too...I don't think he really knows what he's letting himself in for there, I'll let him help me win the Suzuka 1000 first before we commit to that. LOL

Who says child labour has to be a bad thing?
 
56 laps in? You do know you'll need to do about 204 laps to win that race? I stopped but only twenty minutes from the end when I knew I was far enough ahead the others didn't have time to catch up.
 
When all else fails, get your girlfriend to race with you. XD

*Guilty*
 
LOL I've currently got my 9 year old Son in training for that race, we're gonna do it in stints and I'm going to build my car so that it's capable of giving him a decent competetive race while I make up the places in my stints. Rather than finding a way to tollerate the enduros I think it's more of a way to embrace and enjoy them.

My eldest is 8, will be 9 in March. I plan to purloin your idea :sly:
 
Tell you what... i'm 10. I'm playing GT5, and loving it. While loving it is a thing, I am so not interested to do Endurance. Now with Level 26 and Bspec is having Level 29 :D
 
56 laps in? You do know you'll need to do about 204 laps to win that race? I stopped but only twenty minutes from the end when I knew I was far enough ahead the others didn't have time to catch up.

i won in 198 but thats because i spent 2 hours getting the biggest lead i could, and the next 2 hours playing demolition derby so it slowed the cars down but was tons of fun 👍
 
i won in 198 but thats because i spent 2 hours getting the biggest lead i could, and the next 2 hours playing demolition derby so it slowed the cars down but was tons of fun 👍

Love it :D 👍
 
I did this just yesterday at the Tsukuba 9 hours.
 
Yeah, I walked out when I was 29 laps ahead, spent the last 30 minutes of the race going through these forums.
 
If A-Spec had mechanical damage, it would be so simple to go out, get a huge lead, then just destroy the other cars, so their lap times drop by 25%+. Less racing smashing, more watching AI struggle to bounce around the course.
 
I don't look for excuses not playing the game I love so I did finish the 4 hours :)

218 laps in total and 2nd place was 200 ...
 
[REQUEST]save during enduros[/REQUEST]

I am trying to get my wife to do the enduros with me. No luck so far.
 
Me and my brother were supposed to be equal stints in the 4 hours of Nurb. So he staerted and as he's about to end his stint i had to go out. When i came back i noticed him outside having a cigarette, so i took over, done the last 2 laps and went back out. The look of confusion was priceless.
 
Noob question, how did you 'walk away without pausing it'?
 
Noob question, how did you 'walk away without pausing it'?

I am gonna field this question.

step one put down controller without hitting pause
step two walk away
 
great plan +100 for using your child as an intelligent b-spec bob

LMAO. I agree. I'm going to do this at work with my less gifted co-workers for the endurance 4 hour compact race (how hard is it to drive a miata anyways). Duty days last 24 hours. -Yes, this is what sailors do in their off time... Your tax dollars hard at work. :)
GT5, delivery pizza, and alot of off time.
 
So even a child can drive better than B spec Bob? [chuckles like Dr Hibbert]
 
Of course, I asked my brother to do 4 hours of the Tsukuba 9 hour endurance.
He kept spinning at first but then I shouted at him and he got less than 1 minute lap times in the FGT. Not great I know but enough to beat the AI. I did 2 hours then he did 2 hours then I did 1 hour etc.
Best lap was in the low 42 seconds (by me of course :D)
 
Back