A-Spec LeMans in 48hrs

  • Thread starter Thread starter xonant
  • 17 comments
  • 2,146 views
Messages
63
Messages
xonant
Thomasmlinek announced today that he plans to do the A-Spec Le Mans in 48hrs on the Gran Turismo Series PlayStation Community Forum. Thomasmlinek says his posts "is going to document my 24 hour race "LeMans" A-spec endurance race. Ok so i started at roughly 8am central time (USA). Its friday morning for me atm so im going to do check ins every so often to update the race, conditions, fatigue etc."

Here's the link to the post: http://community.us.playstation.com/message/30999676#30999676

Stop by and show your support if you can.
 
He's doing a 24 hour race in 48 hours? That's not something that should be rewarded and praised... A lot of people do 24 hour races over the course of two days. If he went for the straight 24, I'd suppport him because that's crazy....
 
I'm waiting for the patch to save progress to do the 24 hr races. I use my PS3 for more that just GT5, I don't want to keep it paused while I'm sleeping, etc. The 4 hr races weren't too bad, but that 9 hr and 24hr races will be brutal. No controller for me, I'm sitting upright in my racing rig with a G25.. fun, but harder than reclining with a controller.
 
He's doing a 24 hour race in 48 hours? That's not something that should be rewarded and praised... A lot of people do 24 hour races over the course of two days. If he went for the straight 24, I'd suppport him because that's crazy....

Agreed.


I'm going to do my 24hr race in three days, should I make a thread about it?
 
Umm..In actual Le Mans they usually use a team of racers to do it. 48 hours may seem a bit long but certainly not out of the question for a single person with task at hand.
 
Don´t understand this thread. Who is Thomasmlinek and why does he need to document his race?

And why does he need 48hrs for a 24h-race? Is he sleeping for 24
hours?
 
I'd be more interested if he weren't using the FGT.
 
Don´t understand this thread. Who is Thomasmlinek and why does he need to document his race?

And why does he need 48hrs for a 24h-race? Is he sleeping for 24
hours?
Without regards to the issue of "newsworthiness" of this achievement if you search for race reports of people who have done a non-stop 24hr race in GT, those people who choose to pause for breaks instead of letting the clock run traditionally take 30+ hours, without any breaks for sleep.
 
He's doing a 24 hour race in 48 hours? That's not something that should be rewarded and praised... A lot of people do 24 hour races over the course of two days. If he went for the straight 24, I'd suppport him because that's crazy....

Agreed.


I'm going to do my 24hr race in three days, should I make a thread about it?

You fellers clearly miss the point of what he's doing.
 
I'd do 24 hrs on the ring straight & putting webcam feed up...even only going to the washroom during pit stops...but I do not want to risk another ps3 :S
 
Well when it gets dark, it may get exceptional. FGT has no headlights!
 
He could at least Ustream it or something if he wants people to care. Not that I'd watch it anyway. Would be kind of funny watching him struggle in the dark though.
 
Well when it gets dark, it may get exceptional. FGT has no headlights!

unless he has the racing line on. if he does he should be able to drive the fgt pretty easily in the dark
 
You fellers clearly miss the point of what he's doing.

Well, whats the point then?


EDIT: If it's this whole headlamp thing, I'm still not impressed.
 
Back