A-spec mode design/structure issues.

  • Thread starter Thread starter MS3boostin
  • 0 comments
  • 390 views
Messages
7
1st post/thread here. Great game (with issues of course). Cool forum...anyways..

Is anyone else disappointed with the A-spec events list and/or their structure?

1stly there is so few. Half of the events have 1 race! (plus 3 laps lol) This seems so shallow as compared to previous GT's. With the addition of the wonderful special events section this can be somewhat forgiven, especially for the cash infusion they give you. But c'mon half of the events have only 1 race! And its car specific so you buy a car you don't want, win 7k and incur a huge net loss just to gold the event.

The games seems to force too many specific cars to complete events. Or maybe they have enough of those but not enough generic class races like sunday cup and clubman. I mean I'd love to buy an S2000, an EVO or C63 AMG but in the early going when moneys tight, these won't help me complete more events. Instead i have to wait in the used car lot for three (real) days to find a pre-79 Japanese car that just comes in standard that is underpowered, dump 20,000 in upgrades so it goes from 122hp to 145hp so i can keep up to complete 2 races that pay like 7k each!!! Can anyone say net loss.

The worst situation I've encountered though was me having to decide on a Lambo or Ferrari to complete a string of eligible events for the least amount of investment (you've all been there). I needed to complete the Italian series (****** Italian cars), a Lambo only series, a Ferrarri series and a supercar series. I decided on getting a Murcielago and would worry about the Ferrari later. I dumped 385,000 into it completed all those events to make like only a few grand and then I level up and see that the advanced section has a Gallardo only race!!! Are you kidding me! I could have just bought a Gallardo and done all this but they decided to hide the Gallardo event all the way up there (even though i have my S license, which means basically nothing in this game) and now i have to spend 250,000 and didnt need the Murcielago at all. How is a Gallardo specific event more advanced than an all Lambo event with more powerful cars. Baffles me.

Anyways yea just wish they had more events and the possibility of allowing us more broad choices with which to buy cars. Half the cars I like I can't buy because they wouldn't help me further my career at all.

Super fun game to drive though. :)
 
Back