A-Spec seasonals getting silly

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wide Boy
  • 18 comments
  • 1,667 views
Messages
292
New Zealand
New Zealand
Where will it end I think the lead AI car now starts half a lap in front of you.
Wont be long till we start a lap behind & have to dodge the mobile chicane twice.

Any of these or combination of would at least help.
Improve the AI or at least let them use full throttle down the straight, Its beyond me that most AI bots cannot do this simple task.

Give the AI cars considerably faster than we are allowed & shrink the lead so we can catch them & at least some effort is required to pass them.

Go back to the GT5 way of getting more money for using lower PP cars
This gives you the flexibility of going for the money or racing on CS tyres vs SS tyres.
It is at least possible to make it semi interesting due to more choice on how you approach it.

I do not remember GT5 seasonals being this bad, could be wrong.
 
my girlfriend does my seasonal races and even she complains how boring unrealistic and totally unsatisfying the experience is , I`m just glad she can compare the paint chip to one of her nail polishes or lip glosses when its all over:D
 
To make these Seasonals more interesting, rather than picking the fastest and easiest car to win on the first try, I earn more credits challenging myself using lower PP cars with lesser tire compounds and racing cleanly finishing mid to upper pack several times. I can usually get the win after progressively working up the PP ladder choosing different cars. By then I've probably accumulated well over a million credits over all three events with the 200% bonus.
 
To make these Seasonals more interesting, rather than picking the fastest and easiest car to win on the first try, I earn more credits challenging myself using lower PP cars with lesser tire compounds and racing cleanly finishing mid to upper pack several times. I can usually get the win after progressively working up the PP ladder choosing different cars. By then I've probably accumulated well over a million credits over all three events with the 200% bonus.

Yep, some people just can't grasp your concept though. They would rather (beat a dead horse) complain about how crappy the AI is as opposed to making things interesting for themselves or giving themselves a challenge by doing just what you've suggested. I myself know all to well how crappy the AI is in this game but until PD actually does something about it, it is what it is and all the crying and complaining isn't going to do a damn bit of good. By now, I'm sure PD is well aware of most everyone's complaints about the AI so all people are doing at this point is beating a dead horse. I really don't see PD making any major improvements in that area until GT7. They may experiment with a few things here in 6 but I doubt they'll be anything major. People just need to come to grips with the fact that the AI is what it is for now and just make the best of the situation for the time being.
 
Sometimes to make it more interesting, along with down graded tires and PP, I set the objective to make 100% clean passes on all of the AI cars. Not always easy when they practically come to a stop in front of you going into the corners. If I touch a car, I give the position back and try the pass again further down the track.
 
Sometimes to make it more interesting, along with down graded tires and PP, I set the objective to make 100% clean passes on all of the AI cars. Not always easy when they practically come to a stop in front of you going into the corners. If I touch a car, I give the position back and try the pass again further down the track.

I take a step further. If I hit an AI car, I restart the race completely. The tricky part is avoid getting hit. :crazy:

Kind of like the Sierra rally. Whenever I race, I always try to do a clean race.
 
Are they not just a quick credit producer? The AI is bad, that isn't changing. The starts are all staggered, that doesn't seem to be changing. Find a way to make it fun for you, take your credits & buy parts or another car. I hit the 50 million cap on one of my profiles, I broke down & bought the Miura P400. I looked I had won over 101 million, had not bought any of the crazy priced cars. Sure have a bunch of cars I have never used, & a bunch I have used once. This game hasn't changed in the underlying structure since GT1. Sure they added the online parts but this is grind for more cash, buy car, modify car. Rinse & repeat.
Some times you need to create your own entertainment, the platform is provided. What you do with it is up to you. You pay your money & you take your chances. They seem to keep getting my money, sometimes more than once...
 
To make these Seasonals more interesting, rather than picking the fastest and easiest car to win on the first try, I earn more credits challenging myself using lower PP cars with lesser tire compounds and racing cleanly finishing mid to upper pack several times. I can usually get the win after progressively working up the PP ladder choosing different cars. By then I've probably accumulated well over a million credits over all three events with the 200% bonus.
This. I actually like the new seasonals to be honest, too.
 
my girlfriend does my seasonal races and even she complains how boring unrealistic and totally unsatisfying the experience is , I`m just glad she can compare the paint chip to one of her nail polishes or lip glosses when its all over:D
Seems legit...
 
To make these Seasonals more interesting, rather than picking the fastest and easiest car to win on the first try, I earn more credits challenging myself using lower PP cars with lesser tire compounds and racing cleanly finishing mid to upper pack several times. I can usually get the win after progressively working up the PP ladder choosing different cars. By then I've probably accumulated well over a million credits over all three events with the 200% bonus.

Sure I think most people do that but the format is still wrong.
Rather than a wide spread of varying PP opponents, normally one or 2 way superior a closer spread of PP & the cars starting closer together would at least mean you come across packs from time to time.
Let them all have a lead but start closer together if needs be.
Most times you overtake a car then catch the next one, sometimes you catch 2 together but 4 5 racing each other hardly ever happens due to the spaced format & huge PP varience.
 
The whole AI thing is so bad I still marvel at its cr***tasticness after playing daily since December. I've read most all of the complaints on this subject but it is still baffling. I think GT4 was still the best overall. The opponents fought back without ramming you into oblivion.
 
The whole AI thing is so bad I still marvel at its cr***tasticness after playing daily since December. I've read most all of the complaints on this subject but it is still baffling. I think GT4 was still the best overall. The opponents fought back without ramming you into oblivion.

I think this started way back when everyone was clamouring for more 'aggressive' AI. Translator San probably looked up the meaning & told Kaz we wanted AI that drove in an more hostile/belligerent/spiteful manner. I seriously think that the GTP meaning of 'aggressive' was lost in translation...
 
Entered the latest Seasonal, London 500pp with an Alfa Brera tuned to 495pp. Car 11, the first I need to overtake, was a '66 GT40. That's 516pp. I thought it'd take me the 5 laps to take that let alone the other 10 cars in the race.
 
They aren't the most exciting things ever; they never have been. I would rather pick a car that's fun to drive or one you're trying to get used to and just use every lap as a Time Attack/practice lap, trying to better your times.

I don't think there's much point in trying to make a race out of this AI, just run with it for what it is.
 
my girlfriend does my seasonal races and even she complains how boring unrealistic and totally unsatisfying the experience is , I`m just glad she can compare the paint chip to one of her nail polishes or lip glosses when its all over:D

She's a keeper.

This is very concise and perfect explanation of seasonals.
 
I just did a google search and the japanese word appears to be 'sanshoku' which could mean agressive, thats OK, but it also can mean invasive!
 
Back