A stunning achievement from Slightly Mad Studios - equal physics on all platforms!

Johnnypenso

Well known double poster
Premium
Canada
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Johnnypenso
@Ameer67 linked me to the SMS - Driver Network Championship Leaderboard. Notice anything?:

upload_2015-5-17_13-34-6.png
Yes, all three platforms on the leaderboard!!!
smiley-happy120.gif
I remember all the talk before the game was released, and rightfully so, there was a lot of skepticism around whether the game would have the same detailed and complex physics engine running on all platforms. Seeing each platform represented in the top 20 pretty much confirms for me that SMS has achieved their goal and I believe that is a stunning achievement. I'm not sure if any major racing games have ever been able to do this but I find it very exciting to be able to use tunes and make tunes that work on any piece of hardware, and to be able to compare myself to any driver on any platform without having to make allowances for differences in physics.

SMS should really take advantage of this IMO, and let us have access to cross platform leaderboards to compare our performance to everyone that plays the game, not just those on our hardware of choice.
smiley-gen014.gif

:bowdown::cheers:

Note that the leader, BAM Anto is in for a points adjustment because he ran the events on 2 platforms and both points got counted by mistake.

I've run hundreds of laps across all three platforms in the Clio community event around Brands Hatch and all three times are within a tenth of each other.
This is very off topic, but as you've played all 3 platforms, which performs better both graphically and in terms of bugs/glitches?.....

.....Perhaps this deserves a separate thread?

This is very off topic, but as you've played all 3 platforms, which performs better both graphically and in terms of bugs/glitches?.....

.....Perhaps this deserves a separate thread?
It does.

Back