A Subaru WRX STI Spec C Type RA Tune. What do you think?

• Thread starter RedSuinit
  • 17 comments

RedSuinit

MR2 = Addiction
Premium
RedSuinit
Heres the tune...

Power: 410 BHP (Can't remember the exact number that the +_ is but if you
go to 600PP after setting the weight it should be right.)
Weight: 1181 kg (85%)
Tires: S2

Ride Height:
-10 -7
Spring Rates:
5 4
Damper:
3 3
Toe Angle:
-.11 +.4
Camber:
1.3 .8

Gear Ratios:
Final Drive:

Max Turn Angle:

ASM:
Off
TCS:
Off
ABS:

PP:600

Let me know what you guys think, especially would like to her from some of you guys like sphinx and famine, that is if you have time. :)

Thanks!

definitely interested. I was taking the F430 for a spin on S2 tyres yesterday, and a guy in a Subaru was the only person I met who could pull away from me easily. So I'm assuming the Subaru is a good choice for 600PP with S2 tyres.

definitely interested. I was taking the F430 for a spin on S2 tyres yesterday, and a guy in a Subaru was the only person I met who could pull away from me easily. So I'm assuming the Subaru is a good choice for 600PP with S2 tyres.

tool of ignorance - stick to the 430 if you have a shred of self respect :sly: Seriously tho the subaru and the Evo 9's and 10's are competitive as always. Those are some kick ass wheels in the right hands and a lot more forgiving than the RWD's

Cool, I will report back tomorrow with my thoughts. I like the wrx but find it very loose compared to the evo's.

Same case for me. Through corners it wasn't so bad, but the Suby pulled away (or passed me) easily on the straights.

I will take mine Concept Evo X Tuned anyday. Did my few tunes......it's a beast. although you are right the STI is fast in the straightway but at cornering it over steers too much.

That is one thing with my tune, let her slide slightly through the corners taking a close apex, then slam on the gas and just let her grab the ground and use that amazing take-off speed. :D Kind of like a point and go style of driving.

Been trying the Scooby at Suzuka but struggle at one particular corner. It's the one that you have to brake for as soon as you round the corner. I keep spinning as soon as I hit the brakes. If I brake earlier I am still in the corner and spin. If I brake later I don't make the corner.

In contrast the Evo I have tried is rock steady at the same point.

Gave this tune a go- I like the oversteer characteristics, just nailing the throttle out of corners. Intial turn in was a bit lacking, so I decreased the front toe further.
My main gripes with this car are its braking (takes AGES to slow this car up) and the gearing (but of course, this requires track specific tuning). Overall, not a bad baseline for further tuning.

Been trying the Scooby at Suzuka but struggle at one particular corner. It's the one that you have to brake for as soon as you round the corner. I keep spinning as soon as I hit the brakes. If I brake earlier I am still in the corner and spin. If I brake later I don't make the corner.

In contrast the Evo I have tried is rock steady at the same point.

That corner is all about entry line. Never tried in a scooby but the same rule probably applies as in some of the 'flightier' rwd and mr cars = brake onto the crown of the road, in as straight a line as you can manage then follow the camber as it S's down to the hairpin. Wrong line at this bit of road will kill you but if you get it right you can carry a fair bit of speed into here and brake late. Also beware taking too much curb as you turn in - that can get messy too. Just a little nibble is more than enough :sly:

I tried your settings, but i still dont like it. Dont get me wrong you have done a good job making it better, Its just not for me.

I got around to racing this tune on 600PP S2 Suzuka. Highly competitive car, definitely at least as good as anything else.

The key is acceleration away from the slow corners. It's just awesome to be in front of a F430 heading away from a slow corner, and pull away and it simply can't keep up.

I'd say I can be a fraction faster in the tuned 350Z, similar speed in the F430, but the Subaru is far safer to use online because you can keep it on the road and fast with less effort, and it can take a knock better.

I'm tired of getting belted by these Jiggers at 600PP Suzuka..... in the right hands they are lethal.

yeah there nasty even with the S2's Ive tryied and tryied but the RA is the fastest car for me at suzuka 600 by about 1.5 sec. as for the brakes I always thought it stopped pretty good try the front at 8 and the rear at 4 thats where I got mine and I like it.

if you want to know my settings there in the japenese tuners section second post from me with settings are the ones for 600PP first page.

Hi, I'm new to the forums. :)

I tried this setup earlier today and it was a real improvement. I ws just using the default settings before and was lapping in the 2'18s on suzuka 600pp, but after tuning it with this setup I'm in the 2'16s. So thanks very much, though i feel it could be even better if I could reduce the understeer a little bit more.

Back