A sunday drive at Deep Forest Raceway

• Thread starter Ajrik
  • 5 comments
Here comes my first drift video. It's on Deep Forest Raceway in a red Miata. I have to appologize for the bad quality (both audio and video) because I don't own a tv-in card so I had to film using my digital camera. The run isn't perfect but I thought it was good enough to post :)

Car Specs:

Mazda MX-5 -89
179 hp
Front: N2 tires
Rear: N1 tires (cheating?)
Suspension: Stock
LSD: Fully custom
Gearing: Gears close to each other with a high final
Driving aids: OFF
GT Force Steering: Professional

Done using a Logitech Driving Force wheel. I'm too lazy to set up my Driving Force Pro :)

http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0HQYH73Q194Y2QNO7JC8LOG0T

All comments are welcome.
//Ajrik

Its a cool run you did :D

Pity that a little accident occured in the end, but otherwise, it was a very nice run :)

Mind sharing your gearing and LSD settings, I'm interested in finding out :)

Naw, FN2RN1 ain't cheating at all, its our own ways/preference of drift set-ups.

I'm sure a lot of people use a combination of FN2RN2 FN2RN1 or FN3RN2.

Love your TV too, it looks as if it can really out put very high resolutions at 16:9.
HDTV ready?

I just changed the LSD Accel to 60 and the gearing is actually just a fully custom with autosetting 1. (Trying to be a wiseguy saying close gearing with a high final when I didn't even touch the final gear setting) :D

I don't know what HDTV is, do you mind explaining to me?

//Ajrik

Err, its hard to explain, but I'll try to put it in the simplest way.

Its basically a television set (usually a rectangular 16:9 screen format, like yours from what I see) that can output exceptionally sharp, crisp and clear images provided that the input device (in this case your PS2) supports it. From what I can tell from your video, your Deep Forest looks sharper than what I see on my average TV =)

Not bad, kept it clean for the most part. There are some turns you didn't even attempt to drift, and afew where your entry was pretty late. Try using an earlier & heavier feint motion. I could tell some of your drifts were ended early strickly because of the staggered tires. With the ackward steering, and low amount of weight your shifting, you're regaining to much front tire traction too soon. If you switch to a non-staggered tire setup like N1's (F & R), when you brake or lift-off on your entry, the forced weight on the front tires will increase their gripping capacity. Running N2/N1 is sort of alright, but you have to take more risks if you want stretch out your drifts with your current stock suspension setup. Meaning forcing more weight movement. Most people will tell you running staggered tires isnt good (in most cases), I would be one of them too, but whatever floats your boat. Looks like you're really just hesisant to push it, but everyone is in the beginning. Keep practicing, good start. 👍

Back