A tale of two GT-Rs

• Thread starter takumi64
  • 25 comments
I've been playing GT2 for sometime now and I noticed two manufacturers having R33 GT-Rs in their line-up of cars. The first one is Nissan while the other is Tommy Kaira. What's the difference between the R33 GT-R by Nissan and the R33 GT-R by Tommy Kaira?

T/k is a lot like RUF. They take existing cars and make them over to the point where they can be rebadged. You will note that the March has also been re-done by T/K in GT2.
They do have original designs also. But, the ZZ-s is powered by the venerable Nissan SR-20 powerplant.

Personally, the T-K R '95 and '99s are overweight Skylines that put out good power in stock form, but fully-tuned don't match their Nissan counterparts.

The exception to the case is the '91 R; FR and 640hp makes for quite a nicely-tuned Skyline. Too bad it's 5 gears.

The M30 is just a toss-up between the R31 (the Nissan it's based on). Take your pick. The M13 is just a March G# with two stripes on it.

The ZZ-S/ZZ III are nice. Like a Lotus Elise you can actually control.

And the ZZ II is superb, of course.

Mine's is an aftermarket tuner; they also make a nifty Evo V as well as their R32.5 (part R33/R32), R33, and R34. I'm not a fan of the Mine's GT-Rs...too heavy, not enough torque.

In any case, you tune the Mine's GT-Rs at Nissan, and the Mine's Lancer at Mitsubishi. Therefore, I don't call then a manufacturer in the true sense of the GT2 word.

Mugen is an aftermarket supplier for Honda, so is Spoon Sports. Tom's is the supplier for Toyota; TRD is the in-house development squad for Toyota. Nismo is for Nissan, blah blah blah.

Originally posted by pupik
The exception to the case is the '91 R; FR and 640hp makes for quite a nicely-tuned Skyline. Too bad it's 5 gears.

only the r34 based GT-Rs have 6 speeds. rest are 5speed

and the R31 skyline(80's model: its lighter than 90's) is one of my favorite skylines. others aren't exactly all that heavy but R31 is the lightest of the bunch and FR

Nah. I think the R32 is the best GT-R there is. You've got to love the sound it makes when it's running. I wonder if there's a Tommy Kaira version of it...

The reason they do that is because Chrysler is the luxury line of cars that Dodge makes. Chrysler is supposed to compete with Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Cadillac, Acura, Infinity, and so on. Dodge is out there for the middle class customer, that can't afford high class cars, or that doesn't want to pay that much for a car. But most automakers now days have a different name for their higher class cars. Toyota=Lexus, Nissan=Infinity, Honda=Acura, Ford=Lincolin. so the Chrysler version of that car will be fully loaded, with leather seats, and a better looking instrument panel, that may be wood grained instead of just vinyl, and maybe even a more powerful motor (but not always). But if you look past the exterior of the car, you will notice the higher quality of the Chrysler vehicle, when you compare it to the Dodge vehicle. The most noticable difference is between the Dodge Voyager Minivan, and the Chrysler Town and Country Minivan. Take a look at the two of them, and once you get inside them you will instantly notice the difference.

Dodge makes cars with balls while the rest are p**** wiped
The Road runner had some gusto. Plymouth used to have plenty of cool cars, but since they were dissolved, Dodge and Chrysler split them up. So Chrysler has a few more non-grandma cars. For example PT Cruiser (turbo), 300M and Prowler.

But Dodge does still have the better ones with the Viper, Stealth, SRT-4 and my peppy pick up.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

Originally posted by takumi64
These manufacturers are so strange... So which version of the Viper is faster? The Dodge version or the Chrysler version?

Chrysler is the parent company of Dodge sort of like Lexus and toyota. the Chrysler version is the race version, i think, and other vipers are dodge.

Originally posted by takumi64
Nah. I think the R32 is the best GT-R there is. You've got to love the sound it makes when it's running. I wonder if there's a Tommy Kaira version of it...

there is a T-K version, and the R34 makes the best sound stock:cool:

Back