A Test Drive Unlimited Sequel is On Its Way From WRC Developer Kylotonn

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 976 comments
106535048_10158403803216505_134822843678819509_o.jpg
Where was this posted? I can't seem to find it on their Twitter
Also, if that's an exhaust, what car could this be?

Not sure. Everything else says 918. Could perhaps be the presence of car modeling or something. Cant see what other car this could be.
I wanted to say that it was a 2017 Ford GT but that has central exhausts and this car appears to have them offset
I don't know, might be a 918 at an odd angle and I can't see it properly lol

Not sure. Everything else says 918. Could perhaps be the presence of car modeling or something. Cant see what other car this could be.

The only other notable car to have top mounted oval exhausts that could potentially match the picture is the 600LT.

Another open world racing game that is setting itself up for failure.

Forza Horizon has nothing more than destroyed the open world racing genre and the competition does not even come close.

Perfect time to revive a Test Drive more akin to Test Drive 5 or 6 mixed in with Test Drive 2 the duel rather than making another open world racing game just to take on Horizon.

The only game that even tried to compete with Horizon was The Crew. The rest stayed in their own respective lanes.
The Crew was mediocre at best, good idea but the physics were a big downfall of the game, and the map felt uninspiring and empty at times.
TDU would be the closest thing to the current FH, except you have less car customization in exchange of car speccing, property buying, and a less inclusive tuner/low-end car list along with a massive map
I'd say the game has a great shot, if it's going to drive/look anything like WRC

The only game that even tried to compete with Horizon was The Crew. The rest stayed in their own respective lanes.
The Crew was mediocre at best, good idea but the physics were a big downfall of the game, and the map felt uninspiring and empty at times.
TDU would be the closest thing to the current FH, except you have less car customization in exchange of car speccing, property buying, and a less inclusive tuner/low-end car list along with a massive map
I'd say the game has a great shot, if it's going to drive/look anything like WRC

I disagree with the last part. If its drives or looks like WRC8 its already failed. It needs to look and drive like Horizon with the added benefits of what made TDU awesome.

I wish new TDU will be less childish than Horizon series. Less screaming, less jumping with cars, less that stupid festival thing, less driving through forests and stuff.

And more features similar we saw in TDU 1 and 2. Huge map, dealerships, houses with garages, new car oem options, overall TDU luxury vibe

Of course it needs good graphics and handling. Then it's perfect.

Since Forza Horizon has been dominating this sector, pretty much every other arcade racing game is making use of an environment with a festival backdrop - I think it would be more beneficial for Test Drive Solar Crown to stick to its roots and utilize a classier vibe for something different.

Yawn...

Not to make a run on post, but I'm NOT holding my breath for this game. It will just be another racer that tries to compete against the Horizon series and ends up screwing up something.

I'm staying out of the hype.

Well this is interesting... If you go to the corporate page of Nacon's website, you have a roadmap for upcoming racing games. One of them is Next-gen exclusive, the other is able to run on Switch.
LINEUP-VDEF.png

The leaks have not suggested a Switch release, so perhaps Solar Crown is the next-gen title.

Forza Horizon has nothing more than destroyed the open world racing genre and the competition does not even come close.
Forza Horizon has indeed destroyed the genre, and for what little has been done with that distinction in the years since, I resent Playground Games for it.

I want alternatives back. Least of all because I'm not on Windows 10 or Xbox One. Something with a map and roads more like The Crew than Forza Horizon. Something with handling more like, well, WRC8 for a good example -- I don't think I could stomach modern Forza Horizon handling for long even if I was gifted an Xbox.

Something else. Competition. Forza Horizon needs it, and if PG/T10 responds in kind, everyone wins.

About that, how hard is WRC8 to play exactly?

I've heard that it was one of the hardest sims to play when it comes to driving.

Personally I dont think its hard, its just wonky and horribly inconsistent regarding countersteering and object detection.

Talking about WRC8 got me thinking. Didn’t the game have a free roam map? Possibly a testing ground for TDU:SC?

Might be a bit too far-fetched though.

I feel like the only possible game that could rival FH is if Polyphony made an open world racer, or at least outsources it. GT and Forza are like no other, and using their physics engine and model fidelity in an open world is super OP for the genre. Simply unbeatable.

TDU3’s only hope is to be unique as hell, because making an average map with super nice car models only will not cut it.

Back