A thread about my Elefant 750LE.

United Kingdom
Somewhere only we know.
FanofGT5
Hi folks, i thought i'd give you the low down on my Cagiva Elefant.I bought when i was 18 now i am 30 years old, so owned it for 12 years and hasn't been running quite right since i bought it.The carbs have been balanced, re-jetted and everything has been cleaned.It has a Fireblade 929cc road legal can on it ( but much louder than any enduro exhaust can produce ).Possibly could need cone filters and adjustment of the carbs as it is a bit hesitent at the moment.We will take the air filter out and give it a run like that.If it runs perfect like that i will have cone filters fitted.

I basically want to share my adventures with you guys, and tell you how the Elefant is going etc.So watch this space.Oh and i have a helmet cam now so i can post the videos on youtube, then paste them to this thread.Oh the wonderful world of the internet.Cheers Nath.

Got pics? I've never seen one of these bikes. It's an enduro you say? Must have some guts with a 750 lump.

I think I need to google this thing.

Edit: googled. It's a raid bike, sweet. I've always loved the style of them things.
Does yours have a touring tank on it too for long distance?

Sorry mate haven't got pics of it.It's a 1995 model though.No it hasn't got a touring tank on it, but the standard tank is 24 litres in size so can go a fair distance.Does around 40 mpg and with them mods done to it, will have about 75bhp at the crank and weight is about 190kg fully fuelled.Don't buy the 900 Elefant carb model as the engine is a dogs dinner.Oh and if you can find one, buy one in Lucky Explorer colours ( best colour in my opinion ).

You can find it here www.motorcyclespecs.co.za

Last edited:
Back