A Toast to Carroll Shelby

• Thread starter Amac500
  • 23 comments
United States
United States
Alex_Mac_
If Carroll Shelby had his finger in the pie, share a picture of it! Carroll Shelby is a legend in the American and international automotive and motorsport scene. He was involved in a large number of projects under a number of banners throughout his lifetime. If it has anything to do with Carroll Shelby share a pic and maybe a story. Hopefully we can get some automotive history going in here!

I'll go first and share one of my own from photo travel, 2 of the steppingstones to the all-American victory at Le Mans in 1967. I think the pic is kind of cool too because the driver is standing on the side of the Daytona, looking at its replacement...

Syracuse - Night_4.jpg

100_2716.JPG

Now, while not in the GT Series, this is my daily driver. 1987 Shelby Dodge Charger GLHS, 1 of 1000 made. Turbo II motor, intercooled, runs 15 psi. All of these came off the assembly line the same, same black paint and same options.
I wish they would put one of the 80's Turbo Dodge's in GT6.

View attachment 88729
Now, while not in the GT Series, this is my daily driver. 1987 Shelby Dodge Charger GLHS, 1 of 1000 made. Turbo II motor, intercooled, runs 15 psi. All of these came off the assembly line the same, same black paint and same options.
I wish they would put one of the 80's Turbo Dodge's in GT6.
I was wondering if his 80's involvement with Chrysler would come up, not a lot of people know about that!

Back