A Trip Around the World, the Race of Turbo Sports

• Thread starter torque998
  • 0 comments
This is a work of fiction, but based on my running in the race of turbo sports. Thanks to TomVale13 for the basis of my story. This also happens to be my very first write-up.

I was at my house, awaiting the arrival of my new FPV F6 Typhoon. At approxomately 11:00, eastern time, it arrived. My shiny new red FPV F6. I got in and saw a dyno sheet. "378hp, excellent". But I also had to test it to make sure the clowns at FPV hadn't screwed up the clutch, as I heard some nasty rumors about F6 Typhoons' clutches giving out. After a extensive test, it was clear that everything was fine. I even realized that folks at FPV even installed a sports exhaust and put on S3 tires, despite me being an American. After going around town a few times, I decided to hit the hay.
The next morning, I woke up and found a strange oriental man in my backyard, eying my F6 Typhoon. I went down without showering and greeted him. I assked his name, he said it was Grant. As many others thought, I thought the same thing: "that's not very oriental". I then asked his last name. "Urismo", he said. Now I heard this name before. He told me he sponsored two other drivers in different racing series'. He said their names were TomVale13 and jrrabbit. He eventually told me that I had the exact same car as TomVale13, and he wanted me to race in the exact same racing series as TomVale13. I accepted. He told me to get packed for a trip to Japan for the first two races.

Fuji Speedway
A few days later we arrived at Fuji Speedway. We headed to race HQ to register They warned us that we had some very hard competition, but we insisted on entering. Unfortunately, our F6 had not arrived yet and the officials needed to see the car before we register. Well, for that, we had to start at the back of the grid.

3-2-1...VROOOOOOM!!!! the starting light flashes green and we're off! We had 3 laps to race, not so easy considering what we up against. I passed everyone up to 2nd place at the first turn. I then had to get past a Buick GNX. At the middle of lap 2, I took him at the hairpin in front of the stands. 1 lap later, we were in victory lane, celebrating. Grant came up to me and was extremely pleased about me pulling off an underdog win. He then told me to get ready, for the next race would be in Tokyo in 2 days.

Tokyo R246
We traveled to Tokyo and we were all ready for the race. Officials warned us that we were up against even stiffer competion than at Fuji. The odds were certainly against us, as we missed out on qualifying, so we had to start from the back.

The lights flashed green and we were underway. I started off badly, but caught everyone at the first hairpin, with only a Subaru Impreza in front of me. I eventually caught him at the winding straight and led from there. He eventually caught and passed me on the front stretch. I overtook him at the same place as the last lap, but he came strong at the final stretch. In the end, he just missed out on victory by less than a second. It was a HUGE celebration in victory for this huge underdog win. Grant, needless to say, was extremely pleased with my driving. He told me to get ready for a trip to France for our next race at the High-Speed Ring.

High-Speed Ring
We arrived in France at the High-Speed Ring. We missed out on qualifying again and had stiff competion too. This was not a good combination.

Once again, the lights turned green and we were flying around the track. Another bad start put me in last but not for long. I overtook evryone at the middle turns and led for the rest of the way. Another underdog victory is ours. Once again, Grant is very pleased with my performance. He asked if I'm having fun and I said "I'm having a blast!" "Well keep up the driving because New York will be hard too."

New York
We landed at JFK airport with our F6 arriving later in the afternoon. We checked in at the Plaza Hotel and registered for the event (Race HQ is in the same buidling). However, like Fuji, they needed to see the car before we enter. Once again, we had to start at the back of the pack.

We began on a rolling start, zooming up broadway to columbus circle. I had 3 laps to overtake everyone from the back. Down the next straight, around the Grand Army Plaza we went. I passed the last place 300ZX here and evnetually passed the rest of the guys up to second place at the hairpin just outside of times square. Up broadway I went, chasing the leading Lancia, being pursued by a Buick GNX and Lotus Esprit. After the backstretch into Grand Army Plaza, I overtook the leading Lancia. I had quick compettion from the Lotus, though, and he stayed with me until the end of the race, when I beat him by .198 of a second. A VERY close finish. In victory, we celebrated well into the night. We had pulled another underdog upset. Grant came to me and told me I drove very well. The victory was worth the close finish. He then told me to get packed, for the final race of the series would be in Japan, at Mid-Field Raceway.

Mid-Field
We arrived in Japan for the final race of the series. The race would take place at Mid-Field Raceway, a high speed mountain course. Unfortunately, we missed out on qualifying due to my F6 being late. Either way, we lined up at the back of the grid for a 3 lap run.

3-2-1-GO! A bad standing start kept me in last, but that wouldn't be for long, as I passed everyone in the first corner and passed the 3000GT at the fast s-bend. Across the bridge, into the 1st tunnel, and around the wide hairpin I went, chasing after the leading Bathurst RX-7. I eventually passed him for good at the final hairpin. 2 laps later, we were in victory lane, celebrating yet another underdog victory and the series win. Grant came up to me and said "You have done very well, my friend. Not many people can use an F6 to win this race." "Thanks." "you must be very tired after racing like that," said Grant. "Yes, I'm very tired. I'm ready to go home." Grant arranged a flight home and before I knew it, I was on a flight heading to Cleveland Hopkins Airport.

My F6 would arrive sometime tomorrow mornig. On the flight home, I couldn't stop thinking how I manged to win that series. I couldn't stop thinking about how I managed to defeat cars with 100 more horsepower than mine. About how I managed to pull off all of those upsets. I simply couldn't stop thinking.

When I got home at 1:00 AM, I went straight to bed. I was simply exhausted from all that racing. All that night I kept thinking about the series and how much fun I had.

The next morning, at 9:30 AM, the delivery man came. "I'm here to deliver two cars," he said "Huh? there's only one" I said. "Well, I have two cars to deliver to this address." I looked. One of the cars was my F6 Typhoon, in all its glory. The other car had a cover over it. I looked to see that there was a note on it. "Congratulations on winning the Race of Turbo Sports." It said. I realized it was the prize car for winning the event. I pulled off the cover to find to my pleasant surprise, a D1GP RX-7. A hard run race deserves an awesome prize car. This certainly was the case.

THE END

Back