A tune for the ages - Drifters MUST try

• Thread starter inuakki
  • 0 comments
Wolfram4
I came across a Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FCC, J) '90 today in the UCD. It's a nice looking car with what I thought was good drift potential, so I paid the paltry 13k and took it for a spin. Rather, I did a lot more than just that, and ended up with a great setup for drifters of all skill levels.

I am primarily a wheel user, but have recently been using the controller; therefore, this setup was created based on using a controller.

20130318_201219_zpsfc0fef7b.jpg
20130318_201227_zpsa9f4a799.jpg

I didn't want to write it all up, so please let me know if there is any information missing in the above screenshots. Note that I did give the car an oil change, as well as an engine restoration.

The setup as it is drifts beautifully, but if you're advanced, you may consider adding a low or mid range turbo. I tried the mid range turbo and it made it more difficult for me to drift, but like I said, I'm fairly new to controller drifting.

Also, I did not touch the transmission as I prefer to leave it alone when everything else works well. Feel free to tweak the transmission settings and post back how it works for you.

Please let me know what you guys think!

Back