A video for the poeple on the Fence

• Thread starter WedgeX
  • 10 comments
Canada
Canada
WedgeAB
I just made this, Highly recommend watching it in 1080p if you can.

iRacing vs Real Racing (Best of iRacing Compilation)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtuqwqMelb8

I've never ever been a race fan.....but after iRacing, i honestly wish I was a race driver, its just that good... oddly I still find watching it boring - but now I understand why....because of iRacing I can appreciate the difficulty of it, but frankly the drivers are making it look easy .....but when you have no sense of the difficulty in something its hard to appreciate it..... I hated NASCAR most of all, but now I respect it .....GT5 or any other NASCAR game did NOTHING to change my opinion of it, but iRacing did quite quickly - its just as hard to win an oval race as a road race and its just as much fun.... thats especially hard to explain to people who haven't played iRacing.

I also have a hard time explaining just how good iRacing is to anyone personally that its usually not worth the effort..... most of the people I know personally aren't race fans, much less racing game fans and to add to that aren't that competitive minded anyway so something like this doesn't suite them well - I find that most people who do gaming are more into it for entertainment than competition - so for most people I don't recommend it.... but I know there are still a ton of competitive people playing other racing games that aren't really satisfied for various reasons and just don't know what they're really missing..... it seems to be for me at least the only game I've ever played better the more nervous I was, the racing might not be real but the adrenaline sure as hell is.

iRacing came out in 2008 I think... I didn't' start till 2010.... just because I was so skeptical of it.... kinda wish I hadn't waited.... so for those of you on the fence like I was..... my best advice it to try it, don't buy any cars or additional tracks, just try the basic package first for awhile and see how your enjoying it.... if its not for you you'll know within a week or so... otherwise, I'll see you on the track.

THANK YOU Holmestrand!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtuqwqMelb8

Last edited:
copy the last part of it "KtuqwqMelb8"

Add [*YOUTUBE]paste it here[/media]

Take away the * of course

Last edited:
I did not watch all of the vids, but the parts I saw were pretty awesome!
👍

I do not have time with my busy life to join a league and follow their strict schedules so iRacing has been a godsend for cleaner online pickup racing. iRacing is not perfect but it is way ahead of GT5 for racing.
imho,ymmv

I did not watch all of the vids, but the parts I saw were pretty awesome!
👍

I do not have time with my busy life to join a league and follow their strict schedules so iRacing has been a godsend for cleaner online pickup racing. iRacing is not perfect but it is way ahead of GT5 for racing.
imho,ymmv

I would also like to show this to the Forza community, just not sure ...where the Forza community is online.

and I hope I'm not giving the impression you need a 3 monitor/super computer setup like the ones in the video... my computer is almost 4 years old, and I use a single monitor setup with a desk... no fancy getup's .... but the point of the video is to show the parallel between iRacing and Real.

Started watching, thinking I'll watch a couple of minutes and ended up watching the whole thing! Awesome and really shows the best of iRacing. Nice work buddy!

Thanks guys, not really getting many views though.....

if you think its a good promo maybe some of you could recommend the video to anyone you think needs to know what's up

wish I could change the name of the thread.... doesn't let me edit it though ;/

WedgeX
Thanks guys, not really getting many views though.....

if you think its a good promo maybe some of you could recommend the video to anyone you think needs to know what's up

wish I could change the name of the thread.... doesn't let me edit it though ;/

I cant even see it because you havent allowed it to be played on moble devices and I only watch from my phone

I cant even see it because you havent allowed it to be played on moble devices and I only watch from my phone

I didn't do anything.... the video won't play on Mobile devices because of a copyright claim by WMG, it has nothing to do with anything I did or didn't do

I'm already working on a shorter version with the offending section removed that will hopefully play on all devices, I'll repost the shorter vers when its done.

FYI if you only have a phone you can't play iRacing anyways :)

Back