A way to improve DS3 steering

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bailout
  • 9 comments
  • 1,298 views
Messages
162
Messages
jacker100
I've been rubberband grinding for a few days now and I've got used to leaving the rubberband on the left steering stick when I come to drive properly, it offers up resistance and I find I can steer alot smoother.


Question: Has anyone already done this?

Sorry if its a well know trick.
 
Last edited:
I've never tried to drive with the rubber band attached. I do the rubber band grind a lot but I use the rubber band on the accelerator stick (right stick) and scotch tape on the left stick.
 
Cars that have pronounced oversteer can be easier to control with some resistance on the steering stick.
 
The secret is out. I used a rubber band on my left stick to do the Vettel Challenges and it helped a lot.
Even with the steering sensitivity update thingy-ma-jig, the band still worked better.

It’s also good for the Formula GT championships around Monaco where you need to be a little more precise.
 
The best way to improve the DS3 steering is to replace it with a steering wheel :D
Obvious troll is obvious i know.
 
The same can be achieved by lowering the sensitivity to -1 or -2 =]
 
I've been rubberband grinding for a few days now and I've got used to leaving the rubberband on the left steering stick when I come to drive properly, it offers up resistance and I find I can steer alot smoother.


Question: Has anyone already done this?

Sorry if its a well know trick.

I have not tried it, but it sounds interesting. Especially for DS3 controllers (like mine) that are getting old. I've had this one for 2 1/2 years...certainly a record for me. Any DS2 controller I've had in the past would last nowhere near as long.
 
glue a pen to the analog stick. offers very precise steering.
The Pros glue a wheel on the stick btw... :)
 
rubberband? i dont get why people do this

To earn money, so you can buy the ridiculously expensive cars that can not be traded anymore.

Not that I ever did it, but I can understand why. Especially now PSN is down and remote racing/B-Spec is not possible.
 
Back