A Weekend into PCars 2 - First Thoughts and Q'sXBOne 

• Thread starter raven214
  • 4 comments
United States
US
Hey all,
Just wanted to thank everyone that shared their experiences when I asked about the various console options for PCars 2 a couple months ago here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ps4-regular-vs-xbox-one-s.367332/

It was a lot to get up to speed on since I was a happy long-time PS3 player and hadn't really paid attention to the new generation. I decided to go with what I think was the best option, and take a little more time to save for the XBox One X. Getting some good deals on the wheel and game for Black Friday certainly didn't hurt, either.

Anyways, on to the good stuff! Once I got everything setup, I took the Chevy Camaro ZL-1 out to one of my favorite tracks, Watkins Glen. It was an eye-opening experience! After taking the first couple turns gently, I wanted to do a little burnout but I quickly realized I wasn't ready to catch the rear end stepping out so much, so I kept it slow. Eventually I worked up my confidence enough to start pushing the car a little, and had myself some fun. I then started a short season in the kart series and kept repeating it until I finally got my first win, and later unlocked the championship.

So far I've run into one big issue and one more minor inconvenience:

1. Steering wheel "wobble" at high speed - even in a straight line:
I noticed this at high speed in the Camaro (both on the front/back straights at Watkins Glen and on the multi-lane highway portion of California Highway). A Google search later and it looks like this is a common issue. How do I fix this? This can't be how the cars are supposed to drive.

2. How to properly export a screenshot on XBox:
Ok, so I'm new to XBox. How do I get a screenshot off my XBox without the little "'B' Back" text on it? I see no way to export it out of the game, and if I use the XBox menu's capture method (and post to my feed) it has that darn in-game navigation text on it.

For your first issue, I turned up the deadzone ever so slightly. This basically completely eliminated the problem for me. And I'm also on Xbox, so hopefully the solution will translate well for you. I don't know how to do the second thing though. Sorry

Cool stuff.

With the screenshot, are you pausing the game while racing? That'll bring up the Menu.

If you "View replay" during a race, you can pause where you want, without the "Menu" displayed.

When you go to Notifications, you have choices of where you want to send the screenshot(Xbox Live, OneDrive, twitter,)

Cool stuff.

With the screenshot, are you pausing the game while racing? That'll bring up the Menu.

If you "View replay" during a race, you can pause where you want, without the "Menu" displayed.

When you go to Notifications, you have choices of where you want to send the screenshot(Xbox Live, OneDrive, twitter,)
I believe I've been viewing the replay after the race. I know how to hide the interface, so the screenshot in-game is "clean". The thing is, the only way I can see to get the screenshot out of the game is to load it in-game, bring up the XBox menu, and do a screen capture of my screenshot for later viewing from my feed.

The problem with that is when viewing an already-taken screenshot in-game, I don't see a way to hide the interface in the same manner as when I originally took the screenshot. So, the "B Back" message is displayed on the image my XBox captures and that which I can, ultimately, view from my feed.

Does that make sense? I know it's a long-worded explanation, but I don't see a simple export option of the original screenshot to the XBox menu.

I believe I've been viewing the replay after the race. I know how to hide the interface, so the screenshot in-game is "clean". The thing is, the only way I can see to get the screenshot out of the game is to load it in-game, bring up the XBox menu, and do a screen capture of my screenshot for later viewing from my feed.

The problem with that is when viewing an already-taken screenshot in-game, I don't see a way to hide the interface in the same manner as when I originally took the screenshot. So, the "B Back" message is displayed on the image my XBox captures and that which I can, ultimately, view from my feed.

Does that make sense? I know it's a long-worded explanation, but I don't see a simple export option of the original screenshot to the XBox menu.
You'll see the options when you go to Notifications when pressing the Xbox button. From there, you can export your screen shot without taking another screen shot.

Back