A Whole New Way to Race? 1v1 Tournaments

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 17 comments

Pigems

Premium
Canada
Canada
TT_Pigems
Guys, I just had an idea after getting a friendly challenge from a buddy on a whole new way to set up leagues/tournaments. Ok here’s the idea, a 1v1 race tournament. Series’ would go as follows, 1or 2 hot laps sets Pole for race 1, alternating pole after that, standing/grid starts, 1 lap races, best 4/7 wins the round. You could do the round/combo as a one make or let the competitors have a choice of cars for each round/combo. You could have as many entries as you want too since only two players need to be able to get together to complete a round at any one time and then submit their replays as proof when finished. So say you have 20 guys starting the tourney in round 1, they’d have all week to get together, complete their rounds and submit their replays before the end of week deadline, then rinse and repeat the next week until someone Wins the finals. It could be a really fun way to do 1v1 racing and add a tournament style element it to it as well. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Sounds a bit complicated.

My suggestion would be just take on a challenger 1v1. Then upload the video. Winner advances, then the next challenger takes on the winner. And losers can also challenge each other once there are enough. And everyone just keeps track of win/loss.

I'll give it go. I challenge you 1v1. :mad::scared:

It is a bit complicated at first, but once you get rolling I don’t think it would be too bad. I’d be down for a test run though for sure! :cheers:

It is a bit complicated at first, but once you get rolling I don’t think it would be too bad. I’d be down for a test run though for sure! :cheers:
I'll be out during the day but home tonight. Anytime after 5pm EST. If today. Otherwise anytime.

How about a test on DT Seaside 1 lap Gr.4?

Winner get this :lol:

1 V 1.png

Last edited:
The first Test of 1v1 racing was a huge success!! It came right down to the final corner of race 7 to decide a winner, and race 6 was decided by less than a tenth at the line. That was a ton of fun @O604 !! Well done man! :cheers:

Nice! I was thinking about this. You could set up a bracket like the NCAA basketball tournament. As drivers report in you can update the bracket.
Also would you do any type of handicapping for us “slower” drivers? That would keep it close and give everyone a decent shot of advancing through the bracket up to the finals.
I think this has a lot of potential

Nice! I was thinking about this. You could set up a bracket like the NCAA basketball tournament. As drivers report in you can update the bracket.
Also would you do any type of handicapping for us “slower” drivers? That would keep it close and give everyone a decent shot of advancing through the bracket up to the finals.
I think this has a lot of potential

That’s exactly what I had in mind, a bracket style tourney. I hadn’t thought about the handicapping, but I’m down for whatever makes it more enjoyable for everyone and gets people to want to participate. :cheers:

Handicapping could be challenging, however, @SAMHAIN85 has extensive knowledge about this, as demonstrated in his Survivor Series.
I’m liking this idea more and more!

That would be awesome! I’d be lost trying to figure it out myself, I guess you’d run a TT to try to place/handicap everyone from there? Should it be one make combos per round or open class combos with the option to switch cars between races? I liked it better with the false start check after switching, it made the starts more even/important.

It was a ton of fun, every lap counted and if you messed it was only one race, you get a fresh start on the next one. I can’t wait to do the next one already. :D

That would be awesome! I’d be lost trying to figure it out myself, I guess you’d run a TT to try to place/handicap everyone from there? Should it be one make combos per round or open class combos with the option to switch cars between races? I liked it better with the false start check after switching, it made the starts more even/important.

It was a ton of fun, every lap counted and if you messed it was only one race, you get a fresh start on the next one. I can’t wait to do the next one already. :D
A lot, a lot, a lot , and lots of work with handicapping. May try to figure out boost.

Personally I have my own 1v1 idea that I have been toying with mentally, but no testing. Thinking about working on something myself now.

A lot, a lot, a lot , and lots of work with handicapping. May try to figure out boost.

Personally I have my own 1v1 idea that I have been toying with mentally, but no testing. Thinking about working on something myself now.

I kinda figured it would be, we can still give it a go though if the participants want to. :)

What were you thinking? I’m really liking the idea of 1v1 racing.

Boost is best used on low and with low powered cars. If you're super serious about practice and getting your marks down for turns just know that they may change slightly from lap to lap. Not so much that you'll get thrown off and lose the car but some people may get perturbed by that.

Back