A Whole new World!

• Thread starter Picc84
  • 14 comments
AmuseR1
After playing Gt4 for a few days stright, i found an old 98(i think) 240sx in my garage, and figured why not try and go out and drift, Did damn good for not playing in a while. After that, I got pretty greedy, and i'm happy i did...

Just today, I attempted my first shot a tuning for drifting.. And I have to say, Its allot easier than i thought it was going to be, a few +'s here, and -'s here, and we have a car that just wants oversteer! I changed it around a few times till I got it dialed where I have NO problem with the way it inniates and NO snapback and I have to reccommend EVERYONE (I know some of you alarday do, but most do not) To Custom tune your drift car's... it makes a world's a diffrence!

Wait a minute, so you used to 'only' drift cars with stock settings?

I'm not real clear on what you mean. Are you saying coming up with your own tune, or use a custom tune whether its yours or not.

Um this isn't really that useful or significant as we all would have (or most of us) figured that out, sir.

Not everyone may like the 240SX. lots of oversteer is good but not everyone likes that now, correct? I mean the FD has loads of oversteer but i dont like it as im used to tackling corners faster rather than slower so a car that suddenly oversteers a great amount leads to me hitting the inside wall instead of hitting the corner with a fast line

Wait a minute, so you used to 'only' drift cars with stock settings?

I'm not real clear on what you mean. Are you saying coming up with your own tune, or use a custom tune whether its yours or not.

Well Exactly! I only used to drift car's w/o aids stock... With the occasional stage 1 turbo nd LSD...

And I realize that not eveyone would like the 240sx, but thats not the point. I'm telling people to go out and play with their setting's on their cars, not JUST The 240... Every car can be custom tuned! And I also say, custom, meaning personal.. everyone has their own style of drift, and I'm still dialing myin in to perfect..

Personally I don't like to build drift cars like you would for D1 or something like that. My favorite type of drifting, if you relate to real life, would basically be someone that is building a 240sx or something similar for grip, yet likes to have a bit of fun sometimes.

I build my cars to grip, always, and just use them for drifting when I feel like it. For me it's much more enjoyable and realistic as a street car you could use on the normal roads.

Personally I don't like to build drift cars like you would for D1 or something like that. My favorite type of drifting, if you relate to real life, would basically be someone that is building a 240sx or something similar for grip, yet likes to have a bit of fun sometimes.

I build my cars to grip, always, and just use them for drifting when I feel like it. For me it's much more enjoyable and realistic as a street car you could use on the normal roads.

I'd love to do so aswell, But I can never get that on GT4 to simulate good...

So you like a street car that can step out of line a little when you want it to.

Well, I was thinking about the Aladdin song when the thread said" A whole new world". But going out of the stock habit is pretty good. I am trying to get out of the same habit but playing Forza 2 is kind of weird with the different physics.

So you like a street car that can step out of line a little when you want it to.
Yes, basically. A car fully set up for drifting usually has extreme caster (not adjustable in gt4) and toe settings, to make it good for high angle drifts. I like low angle, fast drifting.

@ a Trico Pro: So, instead of adjusting your driving style to suit the car, you just drive the same way you always do, and if the car oversteers "too much" and hits the wall, it's the car's fault?

To this thread, I only have three words:

Negative. Rear. Toe.

If it can put the understeery Spoon S2000 controllably sideways, it can do anything.

Back