A wishlist for GT4

Touring Mars

ツーリング マルス
Scotland
Glasgow
GTP_Mars
Part One:-

1. An event synthesizer:- select cars from your own garage, select your own tracks for a series race

2. Livery editor:- create your own GT liveries to personalise your favourite machines :cool:

3. On-line time trail contests:- create a session where everybody races on a clear track, the object being to see who can get the best lap out of the same car over a set number of laps

4. Display toggles:- loads more facts/figures (e.g. split times/gaps between cars) during the race - you can flick through them using the 'up' button on the controller (might aswell use it for something!)

5. Track editor:- OK, bit obvious, but would be great, like a modern-day Scalextric set

Mars

Real time wheather , day time differing throughout the race (like an endurance or other long races , you start at morning and end f.e in the afternoon) , way more possibilites to tune and adjust your engines... Realistic tire smoke , add posibility to add bolt on turbo and supercharger kits to every car... Better exhaust sounds , different tail pipes with the purchase of the muffler... An "infinite straight" or like 25 km straight for testing top speeds... Drag racing (can be fun in the multiplayer mode) , make such option that on "car testing" it measures your acceleration to such speed (eg you set 300 kph and the timer stops just when you reach 300 kph)... Add possibility to chose wheel size , tire size (different for front and rear) , make TCS and ASC an option (it can be standard on some new cars like for eg. BMWs and MBs but please don't do it like i buy a orginial cobra and have TCS in it :lol: ) , Add more sounds to turbo engines , you know blow off valves, pressure drops, fire shots from the tailpipe... Disable automatic transmission mode (yeah i wish , but it will probably never happen) or add possibility for AT transmission in cars that really can have auto transmision (but then make it like in real life , e.g 4 speed and shifting takes ages :lol: )... Add possiblity to adjust boost levels for turbo engines... When you mod your engine to the max make some stock components brake (yeah yeah yeah manufacturers wont' let ya... damn :( ) like you have a 1000 hp car so it doesn't drive right on stock clutch... Make different wheels cost different money and weight different... Damn i could have been writing it forever... that's enough for now...

Drag racing......
Real time so that it uses the advantage of the PS2's time keeping system
eg: when @ 7 in the morning racing, sun is coming out
racing @ 12 @ night
all dark, no matter where ;)

Here is some news: (Updated)

Gran Turismo 4 Details Appear
According to numerous sources, Gran Turismo 4 is well in development and perhaps due for a late 2003 release. It's not a surprise, really, since the numbers 4 follows 3, and Gran Turismo 3: A-spec was a roaring success (and for that matter, all of the GT games have been roaring successes).

What we have heard is that the game is about 50% complete, and that Polyphony Digital Lead Producer Kazunori Yamauchi has stated it will feature damage-able car models and realtime weather conditions. If true, the car damage models would be a first for the series and definitely affect gameplay, depending on how much damage the cars actually take (i.e. simple exterior damage versus structural or engine damage). The realtime weather conditions are an extension of the excellent lighting techniques mastered in GT3, and will hopefully include rain, hail, fog, snow and more, though admittedly that's pure speculation on our part.

I wish I still had my Good ole sig. :(

just gimme all the old school japanese imports + spa + nurburgring + the macao street track and i'll be happy.

with all the other features in GT3 of course :D

1. I'd like to see the races shorter than the races in Gran Turismo 3 It just becomes a BORE after 10 laps, I'd say the longest should be 10 laps, with the average race between 3-5 laps.

2. Also it would be very nice to see the FASTEST lap on a given circuit the whole time, on screen while you race. With maybe a little image of the car that has the record, be it a "computer" player or yourself. In GT 3 you only see the fastest lap of the current race.

3. More cars and less variants of cars. Rather have more different cars than the same cars that just look different, eg. cars like the old Audi Quattro or new BMW M3, M5,

4. A wider variety of tracks. Why not tracks like the Nurburgring ? And some tracks like Kyalami in South Africa ? More tracks that we all know, instead of using tracks that we all know since freakin Gran Turismo 1 ! And random weather on all tracks. I don't mind the tyre wear that features later in GT3, but once the tires go RED it should be IMPOSSIBLE to drive. I have finished races with RED tires and won !

5. Tougher freakin computer cars, they just race the same whether it is the beginners league or PRO League ! It's just the speed of the cars that differ ! In Beginner they should make more mistakes around the corners for example, in PRO, they should cut in front of you, team up against you, stuff like that !

Back