A Young Mans Dream.

• Thread starter gibson
  • 19 comments
"You sure you don't have any GT-R's for around 9K?" I asked the salesman in Japanese.

"No, we're sorry, we don't. We can have a 1989 GTS waiting at the docks near you hotel this afternoon if you would like."

"Sure, that would be great. Do you know any places that sell BBS wheels?"

"Yes, on Route 5 there is a place that you can get a car wash, an oil change, wheels of all types, and wings. The racers hang out there too."

"Ok, Oh, one more thing, can you add a Nismo weight reduction kit on that for me?"

"Sure!"

*A few hours later*

"There she is Mr. O'Connor!"

"Thank you Yoshi, it's always been my dream to own a GT-R, but this will be fine until I can save the 65K for a R34."

There she was, my 2nd car, my first respectable car, a 1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-s Type M! For 8.5K, it was a no brainer. 3 hours after i bought it, i bought my self a set of BBS wheels. Thats when it happened.

"Hey, Whitey!" Some short Japanese kid said with a horrid attitude.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"What the hell do you think your doin 'round here!" He yelled.

"Takin' a run round the Route 5 Interchange."

"Thats MY circuit!"

"Good for you"

"Is that a challenge?"

"Sure, why not? I could roast you any way."

He was driving a Civic SIR or something.

Since I was a guest, I got kicked to 6th'd on the "Grid".

"Hey, it's 1.8 KM to the police station!"

The suspension is a bit soft.

What a sexy car!

The Flash!

After me roasting some rice, it was time for some sleep. Then tomorrow, the punk wants a rematch at Twin Ring Motegi, he's paying. Until then, Tata!

I see, another one.:sly: Err, they're rice but your car isn't?:P
I'm over the Japanese cars in these stories now.*yawn*

Using "Japanese" as a term to refer to people of Japanese descent/origins is about the same as a certain word starting with an N.

Sorry if it seems like I'm Memberating, but I'm just warning you before a mod does.

Small issue with that. Using "Japanese" as a term to refer to people of Japanese descent/origins is about the same as a certain word starting with an N.

Sorry if it seems like I'm Memberating, but I'm just warning you before a mod does.

Fixed

This could shape up to be a good story, but I think it needs a different title. I clicked in here thinking it was mine!

"Hey guys look, it's Whitey! Whats up Whitey?"

"Hey. my name ain't 'Whitey', it's Mike O'Connor. And just because I'm from the U.S.A., doesn't give you the right to call me 'Whitey'. How would you like it if I called you 'Rice'? "

"Attitude, eh? You know what, I like your style Mike, I'm Itsuki Tachibana, but my friends call me Nick."

"Ok Nick, lets get racing then!"

We set out on the track, and of course I roasted them.

"Ok Mike, heres the deal, you beat me twice, so now you've just beat the first 2 races of a 5 race series called the Sunday Cup. The rest of the races are all in the US, so they should be no problem for you. I have already run in them, and came in 2nd, so it's up to you to beat the kid in the Blue FD. If you are ever back in Japan, heres my # and email. I'll be waiting to hear from you."

"Cya Nick!" I had made $1,200 bucks back while in Japan.

Any way about me, you know my name and that I live in the U.S.A., in a suburb of NYC to be exact. I'm in Japan with my girl friend of about 4 years. I've been here 6 months, and I'm goin home tomorrow morning. My car before the GTS was a 1989 Ford Crown Vic. It didn't have the P71 cop package, it had the POS R-title package. I'm 19. I've laid brick, worked in a transmission shop, and stole cars, but my real dream is to have a race team of all R34 GT-R's or all German cars. Well, I have 3 races in 2 days, 2 easy races that I know i can do, and one at the High Speed Ring that I do not know I can do. Until then, Cya!

Don't worry, there's a twist to it after tomorrow, think German.

Oh good.

"Hey guys look, it's Whitey! Whats up Whitey?"

"Hey. my name ain't 'Whitey', it's Mike O'Connor. And just because I'm from the U.S.A., doesn't give you the right to call me 'Whitey'. How would you like it if I called you 'Rice'? "

"Attitude, eh? You know what, I like your style Mike, I'm Itsuki Tachibana, but my friends call me Nick."

"Ok Nick, lets get racing then!"

We set out on the track, and of course I roasted them.

"Ok Mike, heres the deal, you beat me twice, so now you've just beat the first 2 races of a 5 race series called the Sunday Cup. The rest of the races are all in the US, so they should be no problem for you. I have already run in them, and came in 2nd, so it's up to you to beat the kid in the Blue FD. If you are ever back in Japan, heres my # and email. I'll be waiting to hear from you."

"Cya Nick!" I had made $1,200 bucks back while in Japan.

Any way about me, you know my name and that I live in the U.S.A., in a suburb of NYC to be exact. I'm in Japan with my girl friend of about 4 years. I've been here 6 months, and I'm goin home tomorrow morning. My car before the GTS was a 1989 Ford Crown Vic. It didn't have the P71 cop package, it had the POS R-title package. I'm 19. I've laid brick, worked in a transmission shop, and stole cars, but my real dream is to have a race team of all R34 GT-R's or all German cars. Well, I have 3 races in 2 days, 2 easy races that I know i can do, and one at the High Speed Ring that I do not know I can do. Until then, Cya!

Now it's getting better. I'm getting into it now.

All I heard this morning was "Wow, an R32!", or "Holy $#!%, a Skyline!", and that was before I won all 3 races, it turns out that a Sunday Cup race had to be moved to today. Anyway, I won all 3. But heres a shocker, I have been running in "Unsanctioned Race Gatherings" as my lawyer calls 'em, and I made 15K, which went right into the car. So now I have an HKS Race Exhaust and Intake, HKS GT-R ECU, HKS Race Brakes, Nismo Stage 1 Weight Reduction, and a set of Pirelli PZeros.
So after the upgrades, I took my R32 out for a spin, and aperantly I'm damn good, 'cause some guy is sending me to run a "Qualification Session" at the Neurburgh Ring, and if I show him some "Racing History on the Track", I have a partial sponsorship, including shipping me to where I need to be, paying for car damage, and 1 free car if mine gets stolen or customs takes it, up to 100k.
It all happened after I beat a pair of RX7's, a yellow FC and a white FD, both tuned to around 350-400 HP, run by the Hilton brothers, you know, Paris Hilton's useful kin, unlike her self, anyway, I beat em around Seattle with a 1:50:106 in the R32. My journey begins tomorrow, hopefully I'm fast.
Until Then, PEACE!

"Mr. O'Connor, it's your time to run the 'Ring" said the rich guy that wants to sponsor me. So I hopped in my R32 and laid down a 9:05:195, but, it was hard on the car, as you can see by these photos.

120 MPH over crest isn't very fun, it bent the shocks and linkages, which slowed me down.

It didn't affect the performance on the strait aways, just knocked it out of balance.

It did cause it to understeer in the twisties though, which formed me to teach my felt how to force a drift on an understeering car.

And how to pull a car back into the "Dry Line" on the track.

Needs a GT-R logo, no?

Speaking of drifts....

Don't worry, I'm not the Drift King!

"Well, how did I do?" I found myself asking the rich guy who turned out to be jDan Gurney.
"You're in"
"What, kick @$$!!!!"
Later that night, I left for my first assignment, defeat every one on El Capitan. Well, I got in at 5AM and the only hotel with vacancy's was in a sleaze bag neighborhood, and the car got stolen. So This morning I picked up a 1983 Toyota Corolla GTS A.K.A. AE86, and spent all day gettin' familiar with it. Hopefully I can take every one so I can prove I'm worthy of that 100K for a new car. Well, I'm beat, night all!

not that much detail, and the races are very short for what they are, sort of like....

"i entered a race"

"and i won"

You should definitely go into detail a bit more. But hey, its looking good from here matey ;)

Back