Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh

  • Thread starter Thread starter Small_Fryz
  • 22 comments
  • 939 views

Small_Fryz

But why is the Rum gone??
Premium
Messages
15,854
Australia
QLD, Australia
Messages
Small_Fryz
i went to win the gt all stars in pro (so i could win the r390 race car to join in on the online racing) ne ways i turned on ps2 gt came up but it didn;t load game :banghead: so i tryed loaded in but it said there was no game on the memory card. i turned off ps2 took out GT3 so i could acess the browser funciton and c what i had on my memory card. all i had was 5 gt3 replays, no gt3 save file (92% of game finished) no GTA3 save (90% finished) and no GTA Vice game save (25 hours of game play) :banghead: . i htought it might be stuffed up so i turned off ps2 and started it up again, went to look on memory card but still no game saves. im really mad ive only had memory card for 4 months. does this happen to you what should i do. i was thinkin of starten a new GT3 game but i dont want me memory card to screw up again.

What do u guys think?
:banghead:
 
Ouch . Sorry to hear that man ... some of my friends have had this problem before , their memory card just went bang and all their game saves were lost . It might be a faulty memory card , or maybe the PS2 itself . I don't know the exact cause but this is all I can say right now .
 
Daaaaaaamn dude! That sux hard!!! Well, the files could have been corrupted or the data could have been wiped out somehow. Done anything wierd to your mem. card lately?
 
Oh yeah !!! Corrupted !! That was the word which I was thinking about just now :P
 
If it is 3 saved games but other files are ok then I don't think you should trust that mem card or that PS2.

You could try starting a new game but only do a few races and save and see how it goes.

If it was me I would try the mem card in a friends PS2 or even in a shop if they will let you.

If it does not work then get a new card.

If it does work then you would have to suspect your PS2.

My stuff is a little newer than yours and so far no probs. I would not expect them to fail in such a short space of time.

Do you have receipts ? I would try to get a swap or money back. Try to copy stuff that you can though.
 
well funny enough i had my older mem card in the ps2 aslso and every think on it got wiped apart from gt3 replays. i have recipt for mem card so i might take it back. i done nuffin to mem cards they either in ps2 or in the game case.
 
Lucky i have my back up memory card incase that happens to me. My friend said he was riding fast and his memory card fell out, causing it to erase a few cars and tracks he got in GT3, which none of us (his friends) believe...:lol:
 
I save to two different memory cards every time now... just in case...
 
Was it a 3rd Party memory card, by any chance?

Next up, buy a SharkPort/XPort so you can back up your saved games to your PC Hard Disk regularly.
 
Yah. Was this a Sony PS2 8Mb Memory card. Or was it one of those crappy ones you can get at Blockbuster Video for 4 or 5 dollars?
 
ooh s*** that can happen?HARSH! damn im gettin a new mem card straight away!:lol:
 
bondy - since you're in the UK, GET AN XPORT!

They allow you to use your PC HDD as a massive memory card. Buy one online at http://www.codejunkies.com/

As a further note, I found that whenever a GT game and any Crash Bandicoot game (CB1,CB2, CB3, Crash Bash and CTR) shared a PSX memory card, everything would spontaneously shag up... Strange but true.
 
Originally posted by Famine
bondy - since you're in the UK, GET AN XPORT!

They allow you to use your PC HDD as a massive memory card. Buy one online at http://www.codejunkies.com/

As a further note, I found that whenever a GT game and any Crash Bandicoot game (CB1,CB2, CB3, Crash Bash and CTR) shared a PSX memory card, everything would spontaneously shag up... Strange but true.

Do you mean PSOne games here ?

I have CTR which uses the PSOne mem card which we have in slot 2 and GT3 and maybe GTC soon which use the PS2 card which we have in slot 1.

I assume you mean GT1 or GT2 using the same mem card as CTR.
 
oo...damn.thats gotta suck....I need to save up for another memory card soon...I don't want that to happen to me...I've had my memory card for about 2 years...I think...I got it with the PS2 when it first came out...I've had one corrupted file so far and that was one of my FFX saves....but since then...it hasn't happened to me...
 
Are you sure it was a hardware problem or did someone come up behind you and erase your games? Look at all the options before you spend some more money!!
 
eh...nobody touches my ps2...cept for me...but on the file it did say "Corrupted"
 
huh? Oh, I was refering to SmallFryz original question. Sorry CarAlot.:)
 
I feel extremely sorry for you dude.

Make sure that its a real PS2 MC because the dodgy ones always stuff up on ya.

And I mean always.
 
both of them were real ps2 mem cards and every on both of them was gone expect gt3 replays and they were named funny as well. oh well
 
I have had this happen to me twice, the first time the data corrupted with just the GT3 save. Although I was able to delete the corrupted data and start over. Then after a few months it happened again and I could not load, save or delete anything on my mem card. So I went back to the shop and told them that the memory card was faulty and they asked how long I had it. I said about 4 months or so, so they said blah blah out of warrenty. Then I had a go at them, because I didn't exactly abuse the damn thing and it had never been moved from my ps2 since I bought it. So they replaced it for me. :D

Although I think all it really needed was a format, the only way to format your memory card after the first time you did it is via an X-port and I didn't even know what that was at the time. :(
 
Originally posted by Famine
bondy - since you're in the UK, GET AN XPORT!

They allow you to use your PC HDD as a massive memory card. Buy one online at http://www.codejunkies.com/

i was planning on getting one soon anyhow (birthday) and im gonna get a new mem card for my hybrids(dont quite trust it )
 
Back