aaarrrggghhh how the hell do u get the bloody wheels to change in gta3?

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 10 comments
ive been having fits of anger where ive been tempted to throw my mouse around about this! :mad: i have no problems installing the cars and i have dmagics wheelmod v3.0 but whenever i add a car i either has really small wheels or wheels that just dont look right on the car (ie the original ones):mad: please someone help me find out how to install the ****ing things!:mad:

I don't know how DMagic's wheelmod works but some of the cars do have wrong wheels on them.That the fault of the car maker.He didn't create a set of wheels for the car so they are automatically selected from the wheelmod.If you install a new car and the wheels are too small you can edit the default.ide folder and change the size of the wheels.
For example:
131, idaho, idaho, car, IDAHO, IDAHO,null, executive, 7, 6, 0, 249, 0.9

The 249 means that that car is using DMagic's wheelmod.The 0.9 is the size if the wheel.Try messing with those two and see if it helps.

i keep finding sites which say exactly that but i doesnt help cos i havent a clue where the 'default.ide' is! and even if i did i wouldnt know how to edit it! :irked:

edit: alright nevermind ive found it! but still im not 100% sure what i have to do to get the wheels i want

Did you read the readme that came with the new car.99% of the time it says what you have to fill in in the default.ide to make the car's wheels work.Basically,with any new car the wheel value must be 249 and you can find the size of the wheels in the readme.You just have to copy and paste the new values over the old ones and presto.
One thing though,you can't just fill in any random number there,it will result in a car with no wheels.

okay i get that and i know how to do it now but im still having problems with it

when i put in the wheel value as 249 i see this:
errrmmm.jpg

(thats the car going in the crusher btw!)
and when i enter the wheel value in the readme file it crashes when ever i got near to the car

and if i keep the default value of 163 i end up with just the red car with white bits on it and no detail what-so-ever! :irked:

Are you SURE you have dmagics wheel mod installed? YOu need to make sure its installed correctly...

Whoa,whoa,whoa,that's GTA 3.I thought you were talking about Vice City.Look,it's really easy.Just try installing an other car and see if it happens again.Just make sure you do exactly as stated in the readme.It could be that the car you are trying to install doesn't have custom wheels.Whoever made must have rushed it out as fast as he could.

Originally posted by Acid X
Are you SURE you have dmagics wheel mod installed? YOu need to make sure its installed correctly...

well actually im not 100% sure but i downloaded a zip which had an installer in it so......

Originally posted by GTChamp2003
Whoa,whoa,whoa,that's GTA 3.I thought you were talking about Vice City.Look,it's really easy.Just try installing an other car and see if it happens again.Just make sure you do exactly as stated in the readme.It could be that the car you are trying to install doesn't have custom wheels.Whoever made must have rushed it out as fast as he could.

i tried it with about 3 different cars and got the same results:irked:

Try the 160 value instead of 249/163.I don't have GTA 3 but i have looked around and that is the custom wheel value.

nope with the 160 value i can see the wheels but they are the ones that were on the car as standard and i dont get any detail again just white bits like this:

lackofdetail.jpg

nope with the 160 value i can see the wheels but they are the ones that were on the car as standard and i dont get any detail again just white bits like this:

lackofdetail.jpg

Back