Abandoning Races/Championships

  • Thread starter Thread starter N9ne
  • 11 comments
  • 1,194 views
Messages
7
Let's take the British Championship as an example for this. There are 5 races. I've won the first four, and the second placed car is 12 points behind, meaning regardless of what happens in the last race, I will win the championship.

Now this leads to my question: Sitting on the screen to begin the 5th race, pressing the Abandon button asks "Do you want to abandon this race?" - if I abandon "this race", will I still win the championship? Or will it just void the entire championship campaign...
 
Abandoning that particular race will automatically take you to the championship winner prize money screen. Or in simpler terms - Yes, it quits that one race, not the whole championship.
 
don take the risk i just start the race i wanna quit and press start and quit that way ure garanteed not to abandon whole championship
 
yes just start the race. Theres no load time because you have already loaded the track/cars. Or someone can test this out i guess.
 
I think "Abandon Race" means to quit the championship...I can do a quick check after finishing the 4-Hour 'Ring.
 
I am not sure. I did similar in the german touring car champ, and i lost the champ. However, i don't remember if i was at the last race or just the last one i ran.
 
So to clarify: I'm currently running the GT World Championship and I'm on the race screen before Race 7 (opera Paris). If I hit exit, can I save and turn off my PS2, or will it make me lose all progress from the championship like it did in GT3? Also, what's everyones tire preferences for opera - I dont think I'll be able to do the whole race on 1 set of super slicks in the rear - any pit / tire strategies? Thanks!
 
I believe that if you abandon the championship, you basically forfeit the whole thing, prizes, etc. To win the championship you have to start the race, then press start and select exit, basically retiring from just the race. This will also be counted as a loss in your win/race ratio. If you abandon the championship you won't suffer a loss (but get no prize money or car).
 
pasadena, after every race you can click exit, save, and then go back and do the rest of the races.

I don't know about abandoning the champ though.
 
To abandon the whole championship, you click the icon with the hand palm out. To abandon a single race, you click the one with the finger pointing ahead. To exit out to the main screen, so you can save and turn off the PS2 without losing status, you click the green arrow pointing up.
 
Back