Abarth 500 troubleshooting

Portugal
Portugal
JoaoCsO
I bought an Abarth 500 a few days ago and im trying to tune the suspension but im finding something that never happened before. If im taking a hard speed corner, the inside rear wheel starts to smoke. I tried to correct it with higher springs and stiff dampers because i think its the wheel trying to lift up.

Can someone help fixing this?

Here is the exact tune.

Sport intake
Sport exhaust
Race turbo
Race brakes
Race spring and dampers
Race rear anti roll bars
Race chassis reinforcements
Street clutch
Race transmission
Race driveline
Race diff
Street tire compound
225/30R18
225/30R18
BBS RE
Street front bumper
Street rear bumper
Street side skirts
Street hood

Tire pressure
Front 2.7 bar
Rear 2.2 bar

Gearing
Final: 3.18
1st 3.46
2nd 2.13
3rd 1.47
4th 1.13
5th 0.92
6th 0.92 (not a typo this is a 5 gear build)

Alignment

Camber
Front -2.5
Rear -2.0

Toe
Front 0.0
Rear 0.2

Caster

Anti roll bars
Rear 26.41

Springs
Front 90.00 kgf/mm
Rear 130.00 kgf/mm
Height
13.0 cm
12.8cm

Damping
Rebound
Front 7.0
Rear 11.0

Bump
Front 7.0
Rear 10.0

Brake
Balance 49

Diff.
Acceleration 75
Deceleration 25

Please help figure this out

I found the issue quite hard to replicate, but did get it to happen a couple of times on Silverstone. The issue does indeed appear to be the inside tyre lifting off the ground, and by stiffening the rear ARB it just means the inside tyre is going to be pulled off of the ground more often.

I haven't spent long tinkering with the settings but the issue didn't pop up when I had the following settings changed:

Anti roll bars
Rear 10.31

Springs
Front 90.00 kgf/mm
Rear 73.30 kgf/mm

Just bear in mind I'm working in lb/in for the springs so had to use a converter to get these values. These are just quick values which appeared to work for me so you may still want to make some adjustments to better suit the tune.

--

The tune itself feels very stable and easy to keep under control so well done for that.

I will try that, i pretty much trying to replicate the 695 biposto with this 500.

Ik its impossible to replicate the car 100% because of the weight but i still find the car with alot of understeer.

The circuits that happened with this the most is silverstone, cota, and the alps.

And i know the real thing sometimes when pushed hard the rear inside wheel comes off the ground, but the physics of the game aren't 100% accurate.

I'll try to fiddle with the anti roll bars and springs to see if i can replicate the car trail braking oversteer.

The tune itself feels very stable and easy to keep under control so well done for that.

Thanks for the review, i been testing it on the hoppers and i can finish in the top 5 spots 90% of the time. Not bad for a C class little car.

Once im satisfied with its performance I'll post it on my garage

Ik its impossible to replicate the car 100% because of the weight but i still find the car with alot of understeer.
Is the car using its stock drivetrain? I can't recall exactly how the differential stats work off the top of my head for FWD vehicles(I almost always swap to RWD), but if is and you're experiencing understeer during WOT, I believe if you lower the accel setting it should alleviate it a bit. I'll have to check that out when I get home.

Is the car using its stock drivetrain? I can't recall exactly how the differential stats work off the top of my head for FWD vehicles(I almost always swap to RWD), but if is and you're experiencing understeer during WOT, I believe if you lower the accel setting it should alleviate it a bit. I'll have to check that out when I get home.

The car is using the dog rig transmission, that's why it's only a 5 speed. The biposto have a locking diff. I could try going 10-15% less and maybe 5% more on the decel.

Once i get home I'll try lowering it.

The car is using the dog rig transmission, that's why it's only a 5 speed. The biposto have a locking diff. I could try going 10-15% less and maybe 5% more on the decel.

Once i get home I'll try lowering it.
Well, what I was really asking is if it's FWD or RWD. I'm not sure what the Biposto consist of, but I'm going to assume its FWD. Lowering the accel should alleviate on throttle understeer a bit, while I think lowering the decel makes lift off oversteer more prominent. I'm having a hard time recalling this correctly, so don't take my word on this until I can actually test it out when I get home :lol:

The biposto is a FWD car, with neutral handling, if pushed to hard there's a small hint of understeer and oversteer when hard braking into a corner or trailbraking.

The biposto is a FWD car, with neutral handling, if pushed to hard there's a small hint of understeer and oversteer when hard braking into a corner or trailbraking.
Ah ok, I'll keep that in mind when I try it out later. However, I'm at work right now so it can be some time before I get to it.

Here are the changes i made

This time in imperial units

Same parts as above

Tire pressure
F - 38.5 psi
R - 30.0 psi

Camber
F - 1.6
R - 0.5
Based on images ans videos

Toe
F 0.4
R 0.1

Caster 4.0

Anti roll bars
R - 35.00

Springs and height
F - 644.1
R - 728.2

Height
5.0 inch
4.8 inch

Damping
F - 6.0
R - 11.5

F-8.0
R-10.5

Brake
Balance at 45%

Diff.
Accel - 25%
Decel - 80%

Give it and go and let me know

Thanks

Here are the changes i made

This time in imperial units

Same parts as above

Tire pressure
F - 38.5 psi
R - 30.0 psi

Camber
F - 1.6
R - 0.5
Based on images ans videos

Toe
F 0.4
R 0.1

Caster 4.0

Anti roll bars
R - 35.00

Springs and height
F - 644.1
R - 728.2

Height
5.0 inch
4.8 inch

Damping
F - 6.0
R - 11.5

F-8.0
R-10.5

Brake
Balance at 45%

Diff.
Accel - 25%
Decel - 80%

Give it and go and let me know

Thanks
Never got to try it out last night as I was out, but I'll give it a try today. The Diff setting seems to mimic what I was explaining, did it help out any?

Never got to try it out last night as I was out, but I'll give it a try today. The Diff setting seems to mimic what I was explaining, did it help out any?

It gave the car a little more rear rotation, maybe decrease it a little bit more like 45%-50%

Back