Ability to restart a race in a championship.

United States
'Murica
spencer7x7
I don't know why you can restart single races everywhere, but not in championships. When ever people have restart a single race there, they have to restart THE WHOLE CHAMPIONSHIP, that's no good.

Who wants to turn off their PS3, when people can just press Start and restart?
Am I the only one who thinks this would be an awesome idea?

I'd say no restarts whatsoever. True hardcore, like IRL, you do it once, and then the race is over. no second chance. ;)
seriously tho, it sounds like a good idea, I've never noticed that you cant restart...:P

Last edited:
I don't know why you can restart single races everywhere, but not in championships. When ever people have restart a single race there, they have to restart THE WHOLE CHAMPIONSHIP, that's no good.

Who wants to turn off their PS3, when people can just press Start and restart?
Am I the only one who thinks this would be an awesome idea?
its not that its bad but its like cheating you get one chance and one chance only that's how gt was designed as the real driving simulator

There's a way to restart individual races:
-save before starting a race (suspend championship)
-press PS home button to quit the game
-start the game and play the race
-if something happens and you wish to restart the race press the PS home button to quit the game, when you load the game you'll be back at the beginning of the race you quit.

I'd rather have the option to press start and restart the race (something that's available in every other racing game out there), but the steps above are an OK workaround if something happens (like some stupid AI car taking you out for instance).

As for the comments against restarts, and being a driving simulator: in career mode there's no qualifying, races are in catch-up format, grids are unbalanced, there's no option to enable mechanical damage, no option to enable corner cutting penalties or collision penalties, and one can use unrealistic aids such as driving line and SRF. So, don't give me that bs about the game being "the real driving simulator."

The point of Championship races is to replicate the real deal of Session racing.
You enter a session and have 10 or some races.Just because you failed one, you can't
make the session to start over at once, you have to wait.In GT you have an option to retire
and start over.

To all those who say no to this idea - have a look at this suggestion thread.

The ability to restart a race within a series might be of benefit to @smitty33 - and wouldn't affect anyone else. So it gets my vote.

FS7
There's a way to restart individual races:
-save before starting a race (suspend championship)
-press PS home button to quit the game
-start the game and play the race
-if something happens and you wish to restart the race press the PS home button to quit the game, when you load the game you'll be back at the beginning of the race you quit.

I'd rather have the option to press start and restart the race (something that's available in every other racing game out there), but the steps above are an OK workaround if something happens (like some stupid AI car taking you out for instance).

As for the comments against restarts, and being a driving simulator: in career mode there's no qualifying, races are in catch-up format, grids are unbalanced, there's no option to enable mechanical damage, no option to enable corner cutting penalties or collision penalties, and one can use unrealistic aids such as driving line and SRF. So, don't give me that bs about the game being "the real driving simulator."

Also Race 07, a supposedly hardcore sim, has this feature.

Back