? About AR MAX

Hello. I just went out and bought a AR MAX today. I was going to start hybriding on GT3 with it but my PS2 won't read the disc. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and knew of a way to fix it. My PS2 is the older bulkier one. I have tried opening it and cleaning the laser lens off becuase when I first got GT4 it wouldn't read either and I did that and it started working perfectly but that hasn't helped me with this AR MAX. Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.

I sometimes have problems with ARMax. Try reading the disk in the browser. Mine does not always load the first time (I have a slimline). Keep trying.

Same thing happens with me. It usually doesn't load the first time, so I shut off the PS2, wait ten seconds, and restart it without opening the disc tray. It'll work.

Thanks guys. Well it took me about a hour or so to get it to work the first time but it works a lot faster now. I actually had to instead of having it vertical I had it tilted kinda like this \ for it to work. So whenever I want it to work I just hold it like that and it decides to read either on the first attempt or the second.

ALOT of us have had that problem w\ it not wanting to read, usually you just have to reset or turn it off ???? times :crazy: b4 it wants to work,

However, I havent had too many problems w\ it working, I normally dont use it, I have AR MAx Evo.. I am wondering what version of Ps2 you have ...

I had a version 4 and had some problems w\ it loading and the Ps2 eventually "died" , I have a version 7 currently ...

to my knowledge i thought u can't hybrid w/ AR max. i used GS for gt3. AR max doesn't have the right parameters for coding. ie AR max uses codes for folders then a folder and THEN the code. Gameshark just uses codes in lines. for hybriding it would go like this

Base Code for engine (first garage slot) [SPACE] Engine Code (ie skyline engine)

i'm not sure if you can do this for AR max b/c i haven't heard anything about it. and for the future, i dun think your gonna be to happy w/ AR max. It's too complicated. i like just having to put in 1 code. not a code for the folder then the folder in the folder and then the code. i use codebreaker, it's an amazing device. it's also usb compatible. AR max EVO uses a usb pen drive and so does codebreaker. AR max is around 40 bucks though. Codebreaker is 10-15 bucks. the creatorsare something else. there was a site that was able to come up w/ gameshark codes quicker than the makers of gameshark themselves. they got in some trouble and changed their site and i guess came up with codebreaker (or work for them). it's the kinda the same as gameshark, simple and tons of codes. but w/ the pendrive you can get the codes as well as some pretty good gamesaves.

Yes you can use AR Max for hybriding. You put a usb flash drive into the usb port on the PS2 and go to the memory manager menu and transfer the save onto the usb flash drive and put the save on your computer and use the .max to .xps converter. Then you use mk's program to make all the changes and convert it back to .max and put it back on your usb flash drive. Once you have it back on there go back into the memory manager and transfer the save from your usb flash drive back onto your memory card and start the game. As for not being happry with the AR Max, so far I am. It hasn't given me too many troubles besides the reading of the disc but my GT4 disc is actually worse right now. It can take me hours of tries to get that to work.

You can actually put codes in with an ARMax to add parts to cars. It is just a matter of converrting the codes from AR2/GS2 format (or whatever).

i Dloaded the mk program but i screwed up my tennies on my hybrrided cars. the won't go in reverse instead they just got forward. and i can't fix this. i was just gonna Download it agian and hope it will fix. but i need to know what i did wrong. if anyone knows can u please tell me.

Just go into the Auto setting for the gearbox, adjust them (and even put them back to their original settings). That ought to solve the problem.

i did but when i go in reverse it goes forward instead of backward. i think it happened bc when i used the MK program i clicked the generalize all gearbox's panel. i just unzipped the program again and started over. so far no problems

I have recently ordered a Action Replay Max [pal] edition, I was wondering,
if you could still record replays with that??
and if so how do i go about it?
does it the pack come with a Max Drive??

I couldn't order the Max Drive (USB) version because they had run out of it!

~~~~ Jase

The ARMax Evo Edition is I believe able to use a USB stick (not sure it comes with one though). If it is the older ARMax I am not sure it has the option. The only thing you can do with replays is to save them to the USB stick.

RogsR34UK
You can actually put codes in with an ARMax to add parts to cars. It is just a matter of converrting the codes from AR2/GS2 format (or whatever).

How do you do this????
And, is this an example of AR2?:

200C2058 8FA40030
200C205C 24010001
200C2060 AE040008
200C2064 AE00000C
200C2068 AE010010
200C206C 26100020
200C2070 24840001
200C2074 240104B0
200C2078 0081082B

Back