About names in MK's vs. GT3

• Thread starter luigi864
  • 8 comments
Italy
Castel Gandolfo - Rome - Italy
luigi864_2
a thread Due to a large number of hybrids...

I thought my question is stupid cause the game is based on the names on the disc....is it right...?

I've modified the names in GT3gEdit.ini to see all the correct names in MK's...it works

is it the same to see names modified in GT3...?

I mean , is there a relation between the name database in MK's and the game...?...this relation could change a correspondance between names and real cars in the game...?

I would try this , just now...but your experiences about are very appreciated...thanks...

Originally posted by Heydu
U can name the cars anything U wish in MK's, but it will not affect the names in the game.

o.k. Thanks....

second part of the question...

what's the method to obtain more cars in MK's...?

I've thought about the number in GT3gEdit...I mean the number before the name...can I use the same number with different type of car (or different kind of hybrids...)...

Heydu...it is difficoult by default...also my english is really off...I hope you understand...

Thanks...:banghead:

That is just a random order that they are in, in MK's program. If you are asking if you can add more cars to your garage with MK's, then that is not possible. You can only change the cars you have already.

Originally posted by Mr Chaos
That is just a random order that they are in, in MK's program. If you are asking if you can add more cars to your garage with MK's, then that is not possible. You can only change the cars you have already.

you Know I got different versions of a car...they are phisically present on my PC in ini format , but due to the MK's limitations about files tracing , I would organize all my hybrids with a direct relation with the MK's database...I'm making some experiments and trying to find somthing to modify the .dat file to include some new cars...

for example :

C5R Race Car became C5R Race Car ZZ 4WD 1650.ini , or , C5R ZZ 4WD F090 Tyre.ini...

now I think it's more clear than before...

any idea...?

I suppose it would be possible.....what program are you using to open the .dat file for editing?
Perhaps add another number and a car name to the GT3gEdit file, at the same time to align with the edited .dat information. Would be interesting to experiment with.

Originally posted by Mr Chaos
I suppose it would be possible.....what program are you using to open the .dat file for editing?
Perhaps add another number and a car name to the GT3gEdit file, at the same time to align with the edited .dat information. Would be interesting to experiment with.

maybe we need an help from MK cause at the moment a friend of mine told me that I need the source , or at least the proper source code to disassembly the program...it is not sufficient to open a dat file (the database created for a certain kind of code...) cause all I need is to establish new parameters depending on a new number of lines with related variables...

that's all I know...

all we need to do is to ask for MK's help about a chance to obtain new variables related to a defined number of cars...something that appears like the sample car in the database...something that depends on the known names of cars in GT3 database...

an example :

GT3 contains Escudo Pike's Peak so we have

Escudo Pike's Peak xxxxxx 1
Escudo Pike's Peak xxxxxx 2

where xxxxxx is a new field for new user name to associate with the real car in GT3 database...nothing change but a new name (or more than 1)...

after this modify two consequences :

1) in GT3 nothing changes at all (I mean no problem with the game)

2) in MK's the chance to pick a reference name on first look to the garage without stress depending on the search of the difference between cars...(at least with Race Car with one color , cause with stock car sometime we can solve the problem with the colors...)

I hope you understand...

oh...my english...I'm learning guys...I'm reading and learning from you...

thanks...

I am not sure that I understand what U mean, but if your looking to add your hybrids to the change car list, I don't see that happening. If U just want a way to identify your hybrids so that U can tell them apart, that is already possible. Just add text in the comment area for each car. The comment area is the cell(block) just below the Car Type. just double click on it and U can add text up to 16 characters i think. Then once U save your garage, or export and save that car, it will have that text whenever it's opened in MK's.

Originally posted by Heydu
I am not sure that I understand what U mean, but if your looking to add your hybrids to the change car list, I don't see that happening. If U just want a way to identify your hybrids so that U can tell them apart, that is already possible. Just add text in the comment area for each car. The comment area is the cell(block) just below the Car Type. just double click on it and U can add text up to 16 characters i think. Then once U save your garage, or export and save that car, it will have that text whenever it's opened in MK's.

yes...I use to write some notices in that space...I know it...

thanks...

I was talking with a developer...he said that is possible to modify the code even if it takes time...but he also said that needs an o.k. from MK to operate...you know something about copyright...

maybe MK is working on a newest version for GT4 including several new functions...so my questions are really off...

we could open a new thred about this...

a wishlist for GT3gEdit...what do you think about...?

Back