About saves...

  • Thread starter Thread starter DCSemi
  • 17 comments
  • 1,098 views
Messages
319
Canada
Chicoutimi, QC
Messages
Uncle_Carlos
Hey guys, im wondering about something.

Let's suppose i have two accounts, A and B. Is it possible to backup my gt5 savegame from the B account... and use it on my A account by overwriting the actual savegame?

If not, is there a way to "transfer" a savegame from an account to another?

Thanks for the input fellows!
 
The save game is tied to your PSN account, if that's what you're asking.
 
So there is no way I could "start over" my "career" on my main account...?

'Cause I started to gather money on a second account because I wanted to restart over to get a near-100% complete game, using the UCD at maximum to get rare cars and stuff... So by using that "alternative" account with a few mills in it, I wanted to "transfer" it to my main account so I guess that is not possible...
 
To my knowledge, no. Someone may know better than me though.
 
This.

You can't use another save game on a different PSN account.

Okay! 👍

But can I delete my actual savegame, give certain cars as a gift to my "alt" account, and then create a new savegame on my main account and give those cars back?
 
If they're under a million, that should work. You'd also have to take the several days required to send them back and forth.

Seems like a lot of trouble for no particular reason personally.
 
Just a few ones hehe :) I just want to have a brand new UCD cycle on my main account basically.
 
The save game is tied to your PSN account, if that's what you're asking.

Out of curiosity,what is the message you get from PSN when you try to do this?
 
Out of curiosity,what is the message you get from PSN when you try to do this?

It doesn't give you a message it will let you do it. But when you go to start the game it will not recognize the file and overwrite it with a new file. I know because I did this on accident. :dunce:

Edit: Actually I do remember some message on the File Backup Screen. It was a long warning about overwriting non-matching account files. But as stated I ignored it. It lets you bypass the warning so be careful.
 
Just a few ones hehe :) I just want to have a brand new UCD cycle on my main account basically.

What for if a may ask? As far as I know the UDC cycle is random and therefore unpredictable...
 
It's says probably and I don't think so because of threads about rare cars! Everyone has different car that never appear and on the other hand car others can't find seem to show up every now and then...
 
It doesn't give you a message it will let you do it. But when you go to start the game it will not recognize the file and overwrite it with a new file. I know because I did this on accident. :dunce:

Edit: Actually I do remember some message on the File Backup Screen. It was a long warning about overwriting non-matching account files. But as stated I ignored it. It lets you bypass the warning so be careful.
So,you bypass it and then what?As far as I understood this nothing happens to your game!Now you say that you can overwrite it but then it doesn't recognize it so you overwrite it with a new file,what file ?
 
So,you bypass it and then what?As far as I understood this nothing happens to your game!Now you say that you can overwrite it but then it doesn't recognize it so you overwrite it with a new file,what file ?

I'm talking about if your working with 2 separate game saves from 2 separate accounts. You can mistakenly overwrite Account A's save file with Account B's save file and vice versa. There is a warning but if your just mashing [X] button or in other words not paying attention to what your doing you can erase your account.

The "copy" registers and appears to have worked, but when you load the game it will not recognize your save file and automatically overwrite it with a BRAND NEW file.

So to answer the OP's question, no you can't interchange saves, and if you try it ^thats what will happen.

Now on YouTube I've seen you can do this with a hacked PS3, but that looks like more trouble then its worth.
 
What for if a may ask? As far as I know the UDC cycle is random and therefore unpredictable...

I know. I just want to have the most car I can. Including some rare ones and stuff ... I'm going for the 1000 cars garage... :)

I know I missed some cars so... and since I did almost everything on A-spec, I'm ready to restart from scratch :)
 
But you won't have any of the other cars you already bought... Either you haven't explained this well or you haven't thought it through.
 
But you won't have any of the other cars you already bought... Either you haven't explained this well or you haven't thought it through.

Well i don't,care having to rebuy them, this is what i meant by starting a new career from scratch. Don't worry my friend i thought of it hehe :)

But maybe i didn't explain it well since English isn't my main language... I know im not that bad tho :)
 
Back