about the "aggressive" ai

• Thread starter Medi
  • 23 comments

Medi

(Banned)
Medi_zx
lets remember in shift, they had the whole precision vs agression racing, which the lead designer said is still in shift 2, just hidden...

therefore, if you've been crashing through the ai on turns, then you've turned the ai aggressive I'm assuming?

I don't think they are aggressive at all. Not like Shift 1.

I just think they are stupid and unaware most of the time. :lol:

I think the discreet tracking of aggression/precision is only to do with the online matchmaking n

I think the discreet tracking of aggression/precision is only to do with the online matchmaking

- Bloody iPhone likes to double post

Last edited:
Just tested your theory out, and it doesn't make a difference how you drive.

On my profile I race very clean, never hit the A.I. purposely and stay aware of everything around me. On my wife's profile I used the same difficulty settings (Elite handling, hard A.I.) but hit every A.I car I could, didn't stay on the racing line and drove like a jackass. After about 2 hours I drove cleanly again, and the A.I. acted the same as it did previously, on both profiles.

Got this yesterday, the AI aren't aggressive, they are just stupid and don't seem to realise the players position on track. They turn in on you as if you aren't there. To add to this when this happens they keep turning causing you both to go straight on. very frustrating.

Not had any problems with AI, the people that do have problems are you's playing on Elite/Hard...with this combition i find they try everything to avoid you.

I've had to problems with aggressive AI yet. Only time they've hit me or knocked me off the track is when I've made a huge mistake myself.

yea, I've never had a problem so was wondering where tge aggressive ai claims came from....

in fact, I had a race where we went side by side through 4-5 turns...

Are you sure it's not you going into them?

Yes. This isn't my first disco :P

To expand on this, if I have passed them before the corner, then held the inside line without drifting out and they then turn into me then that is them hitting me. By this I don't mean last minute late braking attempts, that I could understand, but passes that started well before, and even concluded before the corner.

Last edited:
I am flabbergasted that guys think they aren't aware when you can actually see them turn away entering a corner just to avoid hitting you.

Just plain lunacy

I am flabbergasted that guys think they aren't aware when you can actually see them turn away entering a corner just to avoid hitting you.

Just plain lunacy

It doesn't happen all the time, maybe I shouldn't say they have no spacial awareness, but rather their spacial awareness sometimes fails on them.

Last edited:

Just plain lunacy

Well, I'm not saying that what you said doesn't happen. It does. You can tell the AI is programmed to be very smart. It's just that it's not always consistent, and it doesn't always happen. At least in my experience.

I mean, it is a video game after all.

JamboGT
It doesn't happen all the time, maybe I shouldn't say they have no spacial awareness, bu rather their spacial awareness sometimes fails on them.

On the really tight small tracks, which is what you race on a lot in the beginning, it's pretty hard to keep from hitting the ai. There is not enough room. But they do an exceptional job in the medium and large tracks.

I agree that most of the time the AI is well behaved. BUT on the one class C race there was this @&£@ AI driver in a orangy/golden DB9 or something that looked like one. This AI driver definitely took me out on the first corner. I was off the racing line passing him/her/it and it clearly turned into me on purpose and shoved me off the track rolling and completely wrecking my Elise. I restarted the race and it shoved me of the track again. Eventually I made it past it on the first corner only for it to take me out on the next corner. I must have restarted the race 15 or 20 times and I was swearing loudly and profusely at one point. I get the feeling there are these aggressive AI drivers in the game. It is just luck/unlucky if you get one in front of you. I must say it was very satisfying to finally get past this &@£&er. I have only encountered this once though.

I don't have a problem with the AI. If I'm way out of whack going into a corner, I'll probably get rammed because there's no way anyone could react fast enough to my wild and desperate maneuvers. I get hit occasionally even when I'm not doing anything wrong, just like in real life racing. Sometimes it's just unavoidable when two cars try to fit into a space only big enough for one. And once in a while I run into an a-hole AI car that's determined to block me, and other times there's an accident in front of me as we get to the first corner on the first lap. Just like in real life.

That was one thing I liked in Shifts AI (even though it was way too agressive) every driver had its own personality - some where more agressive and others more clean, some had to avenge themselfs others couldnt care less...

Latest Posts

Back