ABS 0 Tuning?

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 17 comments
United States
Upstate SC, USA
GTP_crowhop
Does anyone do this? There's really no need for ABS in this current version. The cars feel more alive and responsive to tuning, but finding tunes for it are difficult. Dropping the BB to 0/0 could work in some cases, but that's silly.

Is there truly a NO AIDS tuning garage?

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. Will definitely be giving those a spin.

The effect of using no ABS while making a tune makes very little difference to the complete tunes values, in my opinion. I'm a no aids tuner for the most part. Some tunes were made with aids to compete for higher online ranks, but other wise there is no need for tuning with or driving with aids.
Not from my experience, unless you drop the BB values to near 0. Two clicks of Damper Compression can make it so ABS 0 works with BB at 5/5, but that does change the dynamic of the car and I can tell the car was tuned with ABS ON, just as you can tell if it is tuned for SRF ON.
In my experience, ABS is an aid which changes the dynamic of cornering, not only braking.

In my experience, ABS is an aid which changes the dynamic of cornering, not only braking.

Yes, it does - I've found it to be much sharper on turn-in when I turn it off and I thought it was just me.

I've found though that I can use a normal ABS 1 tune, turn it off and simply adjust my BB - higher at the front but around 6 4 or thereabouts sometimes 5 3 and I get along fine.

Yes, it does - I've found it to be much sharper on turn-in when I turn it off and I thought it was just me.

I've found though that I can use a normal ABS 1 tune, turn it off and simply adjust my BB - higher at the front but around 6 4 or thereabouts sometimes 5 3 and I get along fine.
I never used anything but ABS 1 for the longest. Qualified D3S in the WRS using it.

Then I gave ABS 0 a try. Now I'm probably closer to D2S most weeks, definitely D2B. The combo of practice and ABS 0 has made me faster.
But I've primarily tinkered with Stock WRS events and on those ABS 0 is great. Until this week's WRS. Using the tunes in the thread just seem impossible, even with low BB settings at ABS 0. So that's where the inspiration for this thread comes from.

Hopefully one day I'll learn to tune well, but for now I'll be using @Ridox2JZGTE's garage. 👍

Maybe I'll learn something too.
shrug.gif

I never used anything but ABS 1 for the longest. Qualified D3S in the WRS using it.

Then I gave ABS 0 a try. Now I'm probably closer to D2S most weeks, definitely D2B. The combo of practice and ABS 0 has made me faster.
But I've primarily tinkered with Stock WRS events and on those ABS 0 is great. Until this week's WRS. Using the tunes in the thread just seem impossible, even with low BB settings at ABS 0. So that's where the inspiration for this thread comes from.

Hopefully one day I'll learn to tune well, but for now I'll be using @Ridox2JZGTE's garage. 👍

Maybe I'll learn something too.
shrug.gif

Welcome to the world of no assist driving in GT6 :) Feel free to visit my garage - yeah no aids since the 1st release day of GT5 back in 2010 :D, let me know if you need assistance with a tune or anything :) I have recently uploaded my replay, a test run driving the GPRM GT86 Turbo GT4 replica at Silverstone GP, done without any assist and 5/6 BB.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...exusisf-nissangtr.294814/page-41#post-9842315

If you run the replica, and use my replay as ghost, it could be great for practice :P You may also need to lower the BB.

If your using a wheel yes, if your using default settings on ds3 (right stick for accel/brake) yes , if you use ds3 with the forza style settings (L2 brake R2 accel ) no lol deadzones for brake/accel suck on the L2 R2 buttons =(

I have opened my garage since GT6 release day, yet it's not contagious :lol: Very few visits my garage and give review/feedback, although when weekly rewind was still around, some of my tune/replicas were nominated tune of the week ( NSX, 458 GT3, Mclaren MP4-12C GT3, Amuse GT86 etc ) I guess that's a sign that there are GT6 drivers out there enjoying no assist tune/replica, even when most of them still uses ABS 1 :D :P

The effect of using no ABS while making a tune makes very little difference to the complete tunes values, in my opinion. I'm a no aids tuner for the most part. Some tunes were made with aids to compete for higher online ranks, but other wise there is no need for tuning with or driving with aids.
I find the exact opposite. Big difference. I always end up with a car that is quicker on turn on and I can coast through the turn much faster because of it. I feel I can trail brake better to, along with getting the car rotating much easier. Abs hides weakness in grip imperfections, too sometimes.

Last edited:
Some tuners also uses high rear-low front to reduce oversteer as a quick fix, not sure if ABS 1 has anything to do with it, but using the ride height bug exploit to fix cars handling seems to be the preferred way for some, it's easy to do :lol:

As for me, abs 1 vs. Abs 0 made big difference within racing/track genre. Abs 0 tends to lock your brakes and if your driving a monster hp car, good luck in cornering (Unless you brake early in time). As for low end hp cars, yeah I guess abs 0 can work specially in drifting to shift your car and it's weight foward as your back will slide as the brakes lock.

I'm not a faster driver... but I play always with ABS 1...
after read this post, I try with no ABS... and after 5 laps practicing, at nurb gp/f with lotus 97t... was 1 second faster with no abs
The car feels with more grip at the turning moment...
Definitely... I' ll give a chance to driving with NO abs... just nees a little more practice

I'm not a faster driver... but I play always with ABS 1...
after read this post, I try with no ABS... and after 5 laps practicing, at nurb gp/f with lotus 97t... was 1 second faster with no abs
The car feels with more grip at the turning moment...
Definitely... I' ll give a chance to driving with NO abs... just nees a little more practice

Wow! Surprised you were faster with abs at 0! Normally in online rooms, I see majority of ppl pushing fast cars with uber handling ability so they tend to only brake near corner with not much time lost in braking point. That means for me with abs 0, I get a bump from car behind me because I need to brake early or if I am behind a car, they cruise right thru the corner vs. Me having to brake alot to avoid locking brakes and end up off the track due to sheer weight transfer issue upon braking near high speeds so I won't fall too behind. Glad it works for you though. With ff car tunes from mr. Suspension, the braking is no issue, just a tap and car plants into the corner fine but my rwd cars tend to need extra braking and I don't think I have the skill to keep up with other racers specially at nurb with abs at 0. (Rwd tunes from mr. Suspension works just fine. Rwd I spoke of was tunes I've made which I fail at lol)

Last edited:
I tune with it off, but there are some cars that I still use it with until I make a load cell pedal set.

Some tuners also uses high rear-low front to reduce oversteer as a quick fix, not sure if ABS 1 has anything to do with it, but using the ride height bug exploit to fix cars handling seems to be the preferred way for some, it's easy to do :lol:

what exactly is the ride height bug? what cars would it mainly help?

what exactly is the ride height bug? what cars would it mainly help?

High front / low rear induces oversteer / adds rotation, while low front/high rear induces understeer / reduces rotation. You will see many cars that oversteer happy will have low front and high rear, while cars that understeer like most FF or AWD that has front bias weight distribution has high front and low rear. It's the opposite of real life :lol: The effect can be felt from as little as 3mm difference, depending on the tune ( tire, weight distribution, aero and suspension/LSD ) Some uses max value/ min value - extreme setup in ride height for quick easy tweak.

High front / low rear induces oversteer / adds rotation, while low front/high rear induces understeer / reduces rotation. You will see many cars that oversteer happy will have low front and high rear, while cars that understeer like most FF or AWD that has front bias weight distribution has high front and low rear. It's the opposite of real life :lol: The effect can be felt from as little as 3mm difference, depending on the tune ( tire, weight distribution, aero and suspension/LSD ) Some uses max value/ min value - extreme setup in ride height for quick easy tweak.

jheez that's incredible, the CRZ Touring Car with max power now over powers the GT300's at around 305bhp :embarrassed: i wish "tuning" wasn't so broken :(

Back