ABS / Brakes issue?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr P
  • 24 comments
  • 1,784 views
Messages
10,580
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I will update in here later with a video and some screenshots if they are needed 👍

Basically I am having a serious issue where the ABS and the brakes on half pressure staying on and causing the ABS icon to stay full red for the duration of a lap and it's happening every other lap 👎 even when I have my foot full down on the accelerator and not using the brakes, at first I thought it was just an issue with the Viper but seems it's every car I try is having this issue.. Is it the pots in my pedals or some other malfunction?

I raced for about an hour on all 3 daily events and had this intermittent issue for the whole hour before I gave up and shut it all down.. I have had this problem a few days ago but nowhere near as often as last night, wrecked lap after lap and with full acceleration I was lucky to get to 100mph in 5th gear on the back straight at Suzuka :( If it's something familiar to someone and they fixed it please post in here.. Thanks :cheers:

I just want to be sure it's hardware before I start taking things apart :D:tup:
 
I will update in here later with a video and some screenshots if they are needed 👍

Basically I am having a serious issue where the ABS and the brakes on half pressure staying on and causing the ABS icon to stay full red for the duration of a lap and it's happening every other lap 👎 even when I have my foot full down on the accelerator and not using the brakes, at first I thought it was just an issue with the Viper but seems it's every car I try is having this issue.. Is it the pots in my pedals or some other malfunction?

I raced for about an hour on all 3 daily events and had this intermittent issue for the whole hour before I gave up and shut it all down.. I have had this problem a few days ago but nowhere near as often as last night, wrecked lap after lap and with full acceleration I was lucky to get to 100mph in 5th gear on the back straight at Suzuka :( If it's something familiar to someone and they fixed it please post in here.. Thanks :cheers:

I just want to be sure it's hardware before I start taking things apart :D:tup:
I had this similar problem in GT6 where the brake was staying on half pressure on the brake indicator on the screen, it turn out it was a broken spring in the brake pot in my brake pedal. I just thought to let you know Mr P my similar problem.
 
Yeah it really sounds like a hardware malfunction rather than a problem with the game. Didn't play yesterday but never had any issues like that.
 
@Mr P Sounds to me like a hardware issue Ron, I have had some pretty decent seat time in GTS and have not noticed anything of the sort.

What wheel are you using? G29?
 
Thanks guys! :cheers:

Yeah I'm using a G29 Dion.. looks like I best dig a screwdriver out :D:tup:
 
1st thing to do, Ron, is take the pedals apart and clean the pots - they accumulate dust and crap.

You might want to also take the brake pit apart and check your spring. My brake started playing up in a race yesterday. Next race I heard and felt a sharp crack when braking.. took it apart and the brake spring had snapped.

Looked like it had bent previous to this, and this might be what's causing yours to stick on.

If the brake spring is fubar, swap it for the clutch spring.

You need a small posidrive screw driver and an Allen key. Pretty straight forward to take apart.
 
1st thing to do, Ron, is take the pedals apart and clean the pots - they accumulate dust and crap.

You might want to also take the brake pit apart and check your spring. My brake started playing up in a race yesterday. Next race I heard and felt a sharp crack when braking.. took it apart and the brake spring had snapped.

Looked like it had bent previous to this, and this might be what's causing yours to stick on.

If the brake spring is fubar, swap it for the clutch spring.

You need a small posidrive screw driver and an Allen key. Pretty straight forward to take apart.

Thanks Chris that sounds really straight forward and I just cancelled the replacement spring I had in my ebay basket due to this post :bowdown: I would never have considered the unused clutch spring :D:tup:

Cheers mate :cheers:
 
It's a bit softer than the brake spring. Took me a couple of races to get used to it, but after that, no problems.
 
Wait a minut @Mr P and @Stotty your G29 brake already fails :ouch:
 
Ok guys.. I opened my pedals and the brake spring is in great condition no cracks or breaks and the same with the accelerator, it was full of dog hairs though due to my black labrador and his never ending moulting!!... he's now in the dog house :lol:

The pedals seem to work fine now after cleaning out the equivalent of whats left on a barbers shop floor at the end of a day out of my pedals :D:tup:
Thanks for the info guys :cheers:
 
Ok guys.. I opened my pedals and the brake spring is in great condition no cracks or breaks and the same with the accelerator, it was full of dog hairs though due to my black labrador and his never ending moulting!!... he's now in the dog house :lol:

The pedals seem to work fine now after cleaning out the equivalent of whats left on a barbers shop floor at the end of a day out of my pedals :D:tup:
Thanks for the info guys :cheers:

I suggest a cat.
 
It's a common 'G' problem.I ran over 200.000 km with my G27 and I think I cleaned it at least 4 times.
Logitech should have used some quick release things on the base plate instead of 20 screws :lol:
 
I had issues with my gas pedal not too long ago
 
DTM
Wait a minut @Mr P and @Stotty your G29 brake already fails :ouch:
On my G29 the brake spring broke in half.

Hey @Mr P on your G29 you got lucky it was only hair and dust that was your problem 👍.
 
Well it seems I was too quick to judge if the issue was fixed, I tried some daily qualifier laps tonight and I am now having a similar issue with my accelerator.
The problem jumped from the brakes to the throttle where it intermittently gets stuck at half throttle and some times it jumps up and down from half to full throttle with my foot to the floor bah... I just haven't the mindset to undo all those screws again at the moment to see what I put back together wrong :p will open it up again tomorrow 👍
 
Looks like my G27 might end up coming back in use afterall!! Spare parts for when the G29 breaks :lol:
 
Looks like my G27 might end up coming back in use afterall!! Spare parts for when the G29 breaks :lol:
Just swap the them all out, I'm still using my G25 peddles used them on my G27 too (GTEYE springs) inverted and removed from silly plastic housing so my clutch and brakes have more room. Bought when G25 first came out.
 
Well it seems I was too quick to judge if the issue was fixed, I tried some daily qualifier laps tonight and I am now having a similar issue with my accelerator.
The problem jumped from the brakes to the throttle where it intermittently gets stuck at half throttle and some times it jumps up and down from half to full throttle with my foot to the floor bah... 👍

Sounds like the Brake and Throttle pot sensors are merged and shorting each other out or something.....
 
Well it seems I was too quick to judge if the issue was fixed, I tried some daily qualifier laps tonight and I am now having a similar issue with my accelerator.
The problem jumped from the brakes to the throttle where it intermittently gets stuck at half throttle and some times it jumps up and down from half to full throttle with my foot to the floor bah... I just haven't the mindset to undo all those screws again at the moment to see what I put back together wrong :p will open it up again tomorrow 👍

After my brake spring woes on Saturday, my gas pedal started bouncing yesterday - wouldn't hold full gas.

Took it apart, sprayed some wd40 on the pot and it was fine.

Wish I'd done that when it was apart on Saturday. Those 10 screws are a pain.
 
When GT5 came out I thought I lost a step, just slow everywhere. Turned out my brake was dragging as you describe. Found the same problem, pets! My G27 pedals started to do it just before GTS came out. I hate the G29 brake so much I may dig out the screwdriver and vacuum and get the G27's back in service.
 
1st thing to do, Ron, is take the pedals apart and clean the pots - they accumulate dust and crap.

You might want to also take the brake pit apart and check your spring. My brake started playing up in a race yesterday. Next race I heard and felt a sharp crack when braking.. took it apart and the brake spring had snapped.

Looked like it had bent previous to this, and this might be what's causing yours to stick on.

If the brake spring is fubar, swap it for the clutch spring.

You need a small posidrive screw driver and an Allen key. Pretty straight forward to take apart.


Ha Ha My brake spring broke last thursday on my T300 setup.
 
Well it seems I was too quick to judge if the issue was fixed, I tried some daily qualifier laps tonight and I am now having a similar issue with my accelerator.
The problem jumped from the brakes to the throttle where it intermittently gets stuck at half throttle and some times it jumps up and down from half to full throttle with my foot to the floor bah... I just haven't the mindset to undo all those screws again at the moment to see what I put back together wrong :p will open it up again tomorrow 👍

Hey that's typical...did this happened runnin' a car with limited power and weight?
 
Hey that's typical...did this happened runnin' a car with limited power and weight?

I only run the daily events qualifiers Rick.. the Stock Gr.4 Viper was the first car I noticed the issue with and after that it got worse until it was pretty much every car in the daily TT's 👍

Tried a few laps again this morning without opening the pedals and it's worse than ever.. been busy after that so I still have to find time asap to dismantle them again :cheers:
 
The brake and throttle is not linear with pedal travel. It’s goes ups slowly at first then between 70-100% it takes a micro meter of travel..... so bloody hard to modulate in that region it’s a farce...

Is there a fix ?

How do I contact PD to tell them to sort it out or put customisation for that ?
 
Back