One of the challenges actually prompts you to trail brake by leaning on the ABS. Feels all kinds of wrong to me and I could match the time without doing this. I guess it depends on the car but I'm not aware of this being common practise in motorsport. Am I wrong?
One of the challenges actually prompts you to trail brake by leaning on the ABS. Feels all kinds of wrong to me and I could match the time without doing this. I guess it depends on the car but I'm not aware of this being common practise in motorsport. Am I wrong?
Trail braking with lots of ABS activation though? I'd always trail brake myself but not by letting the ABS essentially do it for me. I guess if the ABS is good it could trail brake better than a human foot.
Trail braking with lots of ABS activation though? I'd always trail brake myself but not by letting the ABS essentially do it for me. I guess if the ABS is good it could trail brake better than a human foot.
ABS won't let you carry full brake pressure whilst trail braking... you still need to reduce the brake pressure proportional to how much lock you're applying.
The difference is that GTS don't use linear patterns for brake and throttle control so it can be quite tricky to hold the brakes in a certain position with a pedal. This is obvious when you try to trail brake for instance. It's currently much more suited for a controller.
Someone shared this video a while back that explains it: