Abusive German

  • Thread starter Thread starter adyspadey
  • 25 comments
  • 1,548 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
82
Messages
GT___500
Last night whilst in a Nurburgring with a heap of my mates we started a 1 lap for fun. I sat out the race and was watching everyone.

Then I notice this German guy trying to "glitch" the 1 lap race, we comment that he don't need to glitch a 1 lap race before we promptly booted him out.

Next thing you know I'm getting bombarded with abusive messages from his 2 separate accounts !

Why would someone bother looking me up and then waste their time to log out and log in with another account just to abuse me ? Obviously I know he is trying to be disruptive and annoying but seriously why bother ?
 
Because they have nothing better to do in their empty lives, it's really rather simple.
 
because they have nothing better to do in their empty lives, it's really rather simple.

+100
 
It does suck that some people tend to do immature things but the fact that He/She is is of any particular nationality is irrelevant...
 
Rit
It does suck that some people tend to do immature things but the fact that He/She is is of any particular nationality is irrelevant...

^This^ It has kinda bugged me a bit lately how often peoples nationalities seem to be used as the main descriptor of (insert topic complaining about something here). Be it certain developers of nationality a being so much better than nationality b, or drivers from country a all fall under this category, whereas drivers from country b are so much more knowledgeable or better.
 
**** off Rit I never said the fact he is German had anything to do with it, I mentioned he was German and that's it. I never said ALL Germans are cheating *****!
 
Would it be better if I state this 'guys' name here rather than his nationality?

Surely it's better to Just say this German guy rather than say this guy called edisonronaldo was spamming me abusive messages right?
 
**** off Rit I never said the fact he is German had anything to do with it, I mentioned he was German and that's it. I never said ALL Germans are cheating *****!

The point being that someone sent you abusive messages, being german had nothing to do with it so why bring it up. All your doing by stating his/her nationality is implying that it somehow has relevance.

Also telling someone to **** off isn't the best idea.
 
Would it be better if I state this 'guys' name here rather than his nationality?

Surely it's better to Just say this German guy rather than say this guy called edisonronaldo was spamming me abusive messages right?

1-No it wouldn't.
2-No it isn't.
 
i didn't mean to put you on the spot, because you are right, you weren't saying that all Germans are like that. I was just stating that it was something that seems to have been happening increasingly often here on the forums. And honestly, I feel that it would be better to put his name though, then other members can look out for him or what not and avoid the hassle. We have a trader reputation thread, might as well start an abusive racer one ;) I just figure that by not putting the name, that actually facilitates the ability that these individuals have to cause issues like this. Might as well hold them accountable for their actions. :)

Edit:
And statements like this:

**** off Rit "Defensive statement" *****!

when combined with a title like this : "Abusive German" do generally lead to the impression that you are the type of person that would not be beyond attributing his behavior to his nationality. Once again I repeat, I am not accusing you of such, simply explaining why you are getting the responses you are.
 
Last edited:
Drama Queens! So what if I mentioned Germans, was I being rude or racist? NO

It's a common problem on GT5 with people abusing you for nothing, that's why I mentioned it.

Maybe it's a problem here too with numptys like you trolling threads to make sure everyone is being politically correct?

If you don't like my opinion mate don't comment , it's your choice just like it's mine to mention he was German !
 
You asked why someone was being abusive, we told you and now you've got your knickers in a twist because you don't like what's been said? Grow a pair, seriously.
 
It personally seems that you are getting more worked up over this than is needed. Rit stated his nationality had nothing to do with it, and you spouted back with the forum safe version of obscenities. Completely unwarranted at that. Multiple people than posted why they didn't agree with your use of German. You responded with more name calling, and no actual defense beyond the fact that you can say what you want because it is your opinion. Personally, I don't care about political correctness in most cases, but I am sensitive to the fact that some people take it very seriously, and that in a public forum, that is something to be respected. No need to get defensive, we weren't attacking you or what you did.
 
You asked why someone was being abusive, we told you and now you've got your knickers in a twist because you don't like what's been said? Grow a pair, seriously.[

LOL
 
Ok ive taken the time to re read this thread. Yes maybe i shouldnt have mentioned his nationality and yes maybe i over reacted but seriously if you guys just ignore the fact i mentioned German and focus on the main point of this guy spamming me for no reason, im sure my point is more relevant than the fact he was German.
 
Ok ive taken the time to re read this thread. Yes maybe i shouldnt have mentioned his nationality and yes maybe i over reacted but seriously if you guys just ignore the fact i mentioned German and focus on the main point of this guy spamming me for no reason, im sure my point is more relevant than the fact he was German.

Your point was more relevant, it's just the way the title is set. It's like if someone wrote 'Idiotic Australian', you could be offended because it mentions your nationality, even though the topic may be about some random guy you've never even met online before.
 
Block him if it actually bothers you.

Or tell him you'll report his abusive messages to Sony.

Trust me you'll get way worse messages from people in other games (especially fighting games because of the 1 on 1 matches. :lol:) This is the nature of online interaction and zero accountability.
 
yeah good points guys, i guess the reason for this problem is the 0 accountability..its easy to abuse and create a 'fight' if you know your computer screen is protecting you!
 
^This^ It has kinda bugged me a bit lately how often peoples nationalities seem to be used as the main descriptor of (insert topic complaining about something here). Be it certain developers of nationality a being so much better than nationality b, or drivers from country a all fall under this category, whereas drivers from country b are so much more knowledgeable or better.

It's sad how quickly people pull the "Race Card" CMON PEOPLE WE ARE IN THE 21ST CENTURY.
 
DaLightninRacer-

If you read the whole thread, then you also would have seen where i said that I hated political correctness as well, but that in public settings i am still sensitive about others feelings. I wasn't as you put it "pulling the race card."
 
To the OP: you should edit the title of your thread.
 
It's sad how quickly people pull the "Race Card" CMON PEOPLE WE ARE IN THE 21ST CENTURY.[/QUOTE

Exactly, i mentioned his nationality and all of a sudden the topic changes from abusive messages to a blame game about mentioning his nationality.

Like i said i probably shouldnt have mentioned his nationality ,but my OP definately did not say Germans are all abusive and i never implied that either
 
To the OP: you should edit the title of your thread.

what for? i think the title was correct...he was German and he was abusive, therefore he was an 'abusive german' right?

my thread wasnt called 'abusive Germans' and never implied all Germans are abusive, i was talking specifically about this 1 guy who harrassed me from 2 seperate accounts with extremely abusive messages.
 
LOL i remember this very well, because i was there & no im not the german lol, i play online almost everyday & yes i have UK only unless your a friend, reasons being, bad lag & people moan because they were taken out because there jumping everywhere, another reason is because they cant drive for sheet, spanish german french........., there always purposley takin me & friends out or driving the wrong way, & while im at it im f*ed off with people joining & saying start race, it ses free run ffs!, gt5 servers need sorting to stop bad lag, but this obvious child in question needs to grow the f up.
Sickem
 
LOL i remember this very well, because i was there & no im not the german lol, i play online almost everyday & yes i have UK only unless your a friend, reasons being, bad lag & people moan because they were taken out because there jumping everywhere, another reason is because they cant drive for sheet, spanish german french........., there always purposley takin me & friends out or driving the wrong way, & while im at it im f*ed off with people joining & saying start race, it ses free run ffs!, gt5 servers need sorting to stop bad lag, but this obvious child in question needs to grow the f up.
Sickem

I was tempted to decypher this mess, but I don't think there is anythig too meaningful in it.. or wait, is it supposed to be sarcasm?
 
Between the misleading thread title, sloppy posts (quotes, punctuation), double posting and tempers, this thread has been awarded a lock.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back