AC Challenges vs RSR Leaderboard

• Thread starter Dhalism
  • 4 comments
United States
New York
cBYk5wM.jpg

A couple of notes -

Overall time is generally set in more favorable track conditions.

But it's likely that people with qualifying 'overall' times have already set a qualifying special event time and then overwrote it with an even faster time.

It's also likely that there are people with qualifying times that do not use the leaderboards.

That being said however the track-car combo that corresponds to the event are usually one of the more popular ones so it is a pretty good indication of what is possible.

AC achievements used to be significantly easier when the game just came out. Then patches came out that made adjustments to the physics but the qualifying times were never adjusted themselves. But that does seem intentional as the new i.e. the Porsche challenges also have the same kind of brutal cutoff.

What do you think about the difficulty of AC achievements? I feel like their difficulty takes focus away from what i consider the next level of competition - the leaderboards or online play and discourages beginners.

There have been so many changes to the physics/tire model that the challenges definitely need a rework. I know they are aware of it but I'm guessing it's a low priority. I think they should reach out to the community here and get us to work together to come up with some better numbers. I also think the Gold/Silver/Bronze times are often too close together and don't accurately reflect a broad enough range of talent. Flight simulator, for example, has only 3 seconds from Gold to Bronze but if you looked at RSR boards back when they were super busy, there was a huge spread in times for that event. On a two minute lap they need to be at least 6 or 7 seconds from gold to bronze to allow more players to pass the event and feel a sense of accomplishment. The gold times should, IMO, to be reflective of true alien capability, perhaps 1-1.5% higher than the fastest time by a known alien talent giving it his/her best.

So hard that they are frustating instead of funny. In my opinioni a game is supposed to be fun and accessible, yes with challanges but not exagerated. I tried only the hotlap events in the first page. Got 3 gold and 2 silver right now and it was a pain in the ass. I hope they will rework them. A pity cause the career mode is so boring and they are a good alternative in terms of variety.

So hard that they are frustating instead of funny. In my opinioni a game is supposed to be fun and accessible, yes with challanges but not exagerated. I tried only the hotlap events in the first page. Got 3 gold and 2 silver right now and it was a pain in the ass. I hope they will rework them. A pity cause the career mode is so boring and they are a good alternative in terms of variety.
It's one of those things where I really think they, and all devs really, miss out on an opportunity to recruit the community into helping with these simple but labour intense areas of the game. I thought the same thing in GT in helping to determine how the PP system should work.

All it would take is some personal communication with drivers that are active on RSR boards and ask them to help out in determining the appropriate targets. Submission of video replays and some statistical analysis to account for some variations in performance and you'd be all set. Many of the guys I see on the boards are incredibly consistent, finishing either at or near the top or with a consistent gap. I know for myself personally, when the boards were really busy, if a really fast alien was at the top I'd almost always be right around 102% of the best time, or two seconds back on a 1:40 lap. Like so:
upload_2016-11-11_13-25-14.png

Someone like LPKajot has 115 lap times recorded and he's in the top 3 on 101 of them.

The resources are there to fix this stuff. Maybe I should PM or start a thread in the official forum:cool:

There have been so many changes to the physics/tire model that the challenges definitely need a rework. I know they are aware of it but I'm guessing it's a low priority. I think they should reach out to the community here and get us to work together to come up with some better numbers. I also think the Gold/Silver/Bronze times are often too close together and don't accurately reflect a broad enough range of talent. Flight simulator, for example, has only 3 seconds from Gold to Bronze but if you looked at RSR boards back when they were super busy, there was a huge spread in times for that event. On a two minute lap they need to be at least 6 or 7 seconds from gold to bronze to allow more players to pass the event and feel a sense of accomplishment. The gold times should, IMO, to be reflective of true alien capability, perhaps 1-1.5% higher than the fastest time by a known alien talent giving it his/her best.
Good point. Maybe even more levels than the 3. I feel that the game lacks staying power with anyone who isnt absolutely hardcore.
There are the multiplayer issues.
I havent played the campaign but they seem to have doubled down on the awful time attack mode.
The races vs AI are poorly optimized and are likely to cause CPU issues.
The challenges are hard for just about anyone, and if you're a beginner, it's even worse.
They could've at least added ingame leaderboards. I know its a popular idea that negative feedback discourages players - i.e. the Blizzard-set trend of not displaying the amount of losses you have - but the special events are so harsh i dont think anything can be as discouraging for a new player. And the seem to work fine for GT or Forza

Back