AC - Console vs PC version

• Thread starter speedy10
  • 22 comments
Argentina
Argentina
Hi guys.. For thoose who have PC and Console game version... can someone tell me if there is a big difference between both? I know that on PC there is a very big Mod community.. but I would like to know differences in terms of graphics, IA, FFB...

Yes, there is a big difference between both version, because AC on PC has been improved by the modding community, not just adding a zillion tracks and cars, but also adding day to night transition, driving in the rain, a new interface called content manager and much more.
Not sure why you are asking, you don’t say in your post, but the pc version is the one you want and I don’t need to even compare with the console version.

Yes, there is a big difference between both version, because AC on PC has been improved by the modding community, not just adding a zillion tracks and cars, but also adding day to night transition, driving in the rain, a new interface called content manager and much more.
Not sure why you are asking, you don’t say in your post, but the pc version is the one you want and I don’t need to even compare with the console version.
Thanks for your reply. I´m considering to move to PC (I´m playing on ps4 today), and I´m looking for thoose who experienced both games (pc and ps4/xbox). I have a lot of "racing" games (Assetto, Pcars1, Pcars2, Dirt rally, f1 2019) installed on my Ps4 so I want to know if the change worth it.

Thanks for your reply. I´m considering to move to PC (I´m playing on ps4 today), and I´m looking for thoose who experienced both games (pc and ps4/xbox). I have a lot of "racing" games (Assetto, Pcars1, Pcars2, Dirt rally, f1 2019) installed on my Ps4 so I want to know if the change worth it.

For Pcars1, Pcars2, Dirt rally, f1 2019, it will be the same, but for AC it might be worth it.

Last edited:
For Pcars1, Pcars2, Dirt rally, f1 2019, it will the same, but for AC it might be worth it.

And on Pc you ve got something trully from another class...

ACC, rFactor2 and... VR (virtual reality)... not forgetting yet ... Iracing.

Hi guys.. For thoose who have PC and Console game version... can someone tell me if there is a big difference between both? I know that on PC there is a very big Mod community.. but I would like to know differences in terms of graphics, IA, FFB...

Not even considering the 11,000+ mods or other PC sims available, it’s worth it strictly for FPS, supersampling, Nvidia CP and Reshade graphic improvements.
VR, 1440p, the list goes on and on.
Why are you still driving a console around your living room? :dopey:

Not even considering the 11,000+ mods or other PC sims available, it’s worth it strictly for FPS, supersampling, Nvidia CP and Reshade graphic improvements.
VR, 1440p, the list goes on and on.
Why are you still driving a console around your living room? :dopey:
hahahaha really I can only dedicate 1 hour per day to race in my Sim... and to be honest, I really love scroll over the menus with my wheel - I think that on Pc i have to manage the menu, with a wireless.
Despite that, I play on a Full HD TV, so I don´t know if I will note FPS improvements having a std. ps4. Be aware that I´m considering to buy a Ryzen 5, 16gb ram, and rx 580 GPU.

hahahaha really I can only dedicate 1 hour per day to race in my Sim... and to be honest, I really love scroll over the menus with my wheel - I think that on Pc i have to manage the menu, with a wireless.

In AC you'll need a mouse but in most games that were also on console, like Dirt Rally, F1 2019, maybe even PCars, you can use the d-pad and buttons on your wheel to navigate the menus. I believe ACC allows d-pad navigation.

Despite that, I play on a Full HD TV, so I don´t know if I will note FPS improvements having a std. ps4.

Depends on the refresh rate of your TV, but not really. On console I don't think AC always rocks 60fps consistently but if you have a decent PC it will hold 60fps all day so you'll do away with frame-rate drops and screen-tearing, so it's a more enjoyable experience.

Depends on the refresh rate of your TV, but not really. On console I don't think AC always rocks 60fps consistently but if you have a decent PC it will hold 60fps all day so you'll do away with frame-rate drops and screen-tearing, so it's a more enjoyable experience.
I checked and tv refresh rate is 60hz 1080p. Planning to buy a rx580... Will there be differences?

I checked and tv refresh rate is 60hz 1080p. Planning to buy a rx580... Will there be differences?

Well, it looks like PS4 runs AC in 60fps, and a 60hz tv can have a maximum of 60fps. But, on PS4 I doubt you're running 60fps all the time, there's probably frame drops around buildings or when there's large grids of cars. You shouldn't have any of that on PC, you'll probably be a solid 60fps at all times (on a single monitor) so everything will look and feel smoother and you'll probably get less/no screen tearing which will also improve things. So, if you just looked at the label you'd seey they're both 60fps but I'd guess running AC in 60fps from a PC would be and improvement in the experience just from everything being smooth, stable, and consistent. Not to mention all the graphics and weather mods available on PC that can improve your image quality and introduce things like night and working headlights, those would be a mega improvement over playing on console. Of course you could also add two more TVs for the wide view, or get that nerd-helmet that straps to your face and transports you inside the game (<--my preference).

Not to mention that on console you're restricted to a very tiny sandbox, there's some flexibility in that sandbox but it's not large. The AC sandbox on PC is mahoosive, there's a mod of just about every track you can think of or full of awesome city roads for cruising, there's rally stages, special stages, hillclimbs, drift tracks, touge tracks, there's even some oval tracks now. For cars you get vintage cars, modern cars, street cars, rally cars, just about any version of Le Mans/F1 cars you could want, Transit vans, people carriers with F1 engines, a giant tennis ball with a F1 engine, an airplane, a hot air balloon, a racing lawnmower, Reliant Robins that tip over when you turn too fast, it's almost an endless sandbox of petrolhead goodness and for the most part the only limit to your fun is your own imagination because if you can imagine it you can probably do it in AC on PC. Ok, that might be a slight exaggeration but not much.

So, yeah, the overall differences are so big between PC and console that you likely wouldn't even recognize the PC version and you could probably play for years without ever touching the stock content if you wanted to. AC isn't perfect but it's come a long way and chances are it can scratch whatever driving/motorsports itch you may have.

@speedy10 Stole this from the mod thread but this perfectly illustrates what I meant about only being limited by your imagination. Just think about how many hours of fun they had making this video and it technically didn't involve any racing or real race tracks and hardly any Kunos content. And none of it is possible on consoles, unfortunately. Pretty mega.

@speedy10 Stole this from the mod thread but this perfectly illustrates what I meant about only being limited by your imagination. Just think about how many hours of fun they had making this video and it technically didn't involve any racing or real race tracks and hardly any Kunos content. And none of it is possible on consoles, unfortunately. Pretty mega.

Wooo nice video!!
I know that this game on PC is a different world.. unfortunately, i do not have enough time to spend on this. I only dedicate 1 or 2 hours per day to run some hot laps or races against IA.

Wooo nice video!!
I know that this game on PC is a different world.. unfortunately, i do not have enough time to spend on this. I only dedicate 1 or 2 hours per day to run some hot laps or races against IA.

Nothing wrong with that, we all find ways to play within what our schedule allows. Being single and having no kids I have far too much time for games, as proven by the insane number of hours I've put into American Truck Sim in the last month. :dopey:

That grass animation reminds me of the PS3 game, Flower :drool: Seriously though I don't even enable shader patch unless a mod requires it and I'm impressed at what Ilja manages to cram into the limitations of the AC engine.

I wonder if he ever feels like joining Kunos officially. Seems a waste of skills if he only does these things for free.

Stefano isn't too keen on what Ilja has been doing so unfortunately his skills probably wouldn't be welcomed.

Whaaaat?! And we're getting the short end because?

Jeeez... I bet even the car sounds are superior on the PC. There are a few "irky" ones on Xbox One-X that I'm really disappointed with.

Hm, yeah well I understand his point of view. At least he also posted this:
Lord Kunos
honestly, there is absolutely no need for this. As I've said, things are totally fine :) Players are happy, company is happy because AC keeps selling, the guys are happy because they are getting their well deserved thumbs up and honestly I've always been too busy to afford the time to even get angry about this :P
I was simply answering to a direct question about why don't I work with these guys.. to which I offered my honest reply.

As usual it's hard to gauge feelings from written text.. but there is 0% anger and total admiration for the final result.

Back