AC Electric Cobra

• Thread starter Novalee
  • 5 comments

Novalee

(Banned)
Canada
Earth
AC cars is planning to sell a electric powered ac cobra.

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/12/28/a-new-ac-cobra-follows-carroll-shelbys-original-recipe/amp/

"They didn’t make this some eco-wimp, either. With just over 600 HP and over 700 ft lbs of torque, the car has plenty of American power, but without the weight of today’s American electric cars. That makes for a 0-60 time of around 4 seconds. Just like the original Cobra, the car is powered by a partnership with another company. Falcon Electric, based out of Derby, is a self described “hard-core technology company with the mission to make electric vehicles exciting.” "

This is interesting. I mean in general, not only the AC part. I guess electric cars are here to stay and it would be stupid to buy an ICE in the next couple of years. Euro 7 in 2025.

AC cars is planning to sell a electric powered ac cobra.

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/12/28/a-new-ac-cobra-follows-carroll-shelbys-original-recipe/amp/

"They didn’t make this some eco-wimp, either. With just over 600 HP and over 700 ft lbs of torque, the car has plenty of American power, but without the weight of today’s American electric cars. That makes for a 0-60 time of around 4 seconds. Just like the original Cobra, the car is powered by a partnership with another company. Falcon Electric, based out of Derby, is a self described “hard-core technology company with the mission to make electric vehicles exciting.” "

Well, it's certainly a step up from all the kit car replicas that retirees are puttering around in during the summer. Especially since the car's weight is about 900 pounds lighter than a Nissan Leaf.

The real question is whether it's going to be sold at a reasonable price point. They'll be hard pressed to sell a seasonal car for a premium when there's more and more options coming to market that are going to offer comparable power and much more functionality as a daily driver. Nostalgia alone isn't going to move these, especially when those aforementioned replicas can be had for a song if you only want something that looks like a Cobra.

Well, it's certainly a step up from all the kit car replicas that retirees are puttering around in during the summer. Especially since the car's weight is about 900 pounds lighter than a Nissan Leaf.

The real question is whether it's going to be sold at a reasonable price point. They'll be hard pressed to sell a seasonal car for a premium when there's more and more options coming to market that are going to offer comparable power and much more functionality as a daily driver. Nostalgia alone isn't going to move these, especially when those aforementioned replicas can be had for a song if you only want something that looks like a Cobra.
I would venture this for collectors that want a real ac car . they wont be cheap .

I would venture this for collectors that want a real ac car . they wont be cheap .
I was going to dispute these being "real" AC's since the name has been passed around multiple times over the years, but it seems like they're only building 58 of the EV models, probably to promote the Mustang-engined versions they're selling alongside, so it's kind of a moot point since they're just boutique cars and they can charge whatever they want for them irregardless.

Back