AC new player

• Thread starter JDM Jeff
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
JDM_Jeff728
Hi all
I'm new to this AC as I've only got the game today.
I had a quick go earlier, It looks and sounds brilliant, I've tried it with and without TC/ABS etc etc.
So are there any pointers I need to know about ie tuning/setups, only asking because I've play/ed Gran Turismo mostly.

Hi all
I had a quick go earlier, It looks and sounds brilliant, I've tried it with and without TC/ABS etc etc.
So are there any pointers I need to know about ie tuning/setups, only asking because I've play/ed Gran Turismo mostly.

Most cars drive quite reasonably straight out of the box. I would strongly suggest you leave tuning alone until you get used to the game and the physics.

Big Tip: Unlike the GT series putting the softest tyres on does not necessarily mean you are faster in a race. Soft tyres tend to overheat and go off in this game very quickly even with tyre wear set to <OFF>.

BTW you don't say what platform you are on. It is a fact that the the consoles are behind the development of the the PC version.

Most cars drive quite reasonably straight out of the box. I would strongly suggest you leave tuning alone until you get used to the game and the physics.

Big Tip: Unlike the GT series putting the softest tyres on does not necessarily mean you are faster in a race. Soft tyres tend to overheat and go off in this game very quickly even with tyre wear set to <OFF>.

BTW you don't say what platform you are on. It is a fact that the the consoles are behind the development of the the PC version.

Yeah sorry it's for the PS4.

Thanks for the tips I'll take these onboard :cheers:

I've had some more practice at this again last night I'm getting the hang of it, did a race weekend with the Abarth 500 on Brands GP it was good, plus I was getting quicker each time.
I love this game just need to get the season pass to get the extra cars etc etc ;)

Yeah sorry it's for the PS4.

Thanks for the tips I'll take these onboard :cheers:

I've had some more practice at this again last night I'm getting the hang of it, did a race weekend with the Abarth 500 on Brands GP it was good, plus I was getting quicker each time.
I love this game just need to get the season pass to get the extra cars etc etc ;)

I am also a PS4 user and have come from the GT series so I know exactly what you are on about.

If you like the little Abarth have a look at the special events, I think it is nearly the last one towards the end. There is a three lap race at Brands International circuit. Try it on Alien level and see how you go. It is quite achievable and the trick is "do NOT use the brakes" ;-) As far as tuning goes (not a lot to do on this car) if you want to provoke a little more oversteer try raising the rear tyre pressures and see how you go.

Hi all
Welcome JDM Jeff! I think it's safe to say that the PS4 version has a LOT of bugs right now, but there is supposed to be a patch coming very soon - it's been announced, but I don't know if they mentioned an exact date. Anyway, I play AC on the PC and I'm awful at setting up cars. Occasionally, I will make some slight adjustments to camber or toe in/out in the alignment section, but that's usually it. I also tend to drive the street legal cars a lot more often than race cars, so lucky for me there usually aren't many things that can be adjusted.

TT92 did make a very good point regarding tires in Assetto Corsa. Some race cars will give you the option of Soft, Medium & Hard. Be very careful running the Soft tires if you're planning on pushing the car to the limit for many laps. Medium might be your safer bet. And maybe Soft will be totally fine. Just experiment. I do know, without question, that on the cars that offer Super Soft tires as an option, you are going to see severe overheating and/or very quick wear on those tires. They're probably best used for qualifying if you need to run a qualifying session.

I'm not sure exactly how precise this information is (like the temps mentioned). Kunos has fiddled with and changed a lot of stuff regarding the tire model, however, this might be a good quick reference when you're thinking about tires in AC:

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?faq/what-are-the-differences-between-tyres-compounds.15/

Good luck! I hope you enjoy AC as much as I have...

Back