Academy eligibility

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
O_howell20
hi guys I know there has been lots of questions asked round this before. Realistically where do you need to be in the rankings to qualify? Eg there's a few I can see in England that will be top 4 but won't be eligible. What were the stats last year to national finals was anybody down in say 30th 40th and qualified? They need to have some sort of icon against the names!! Very frustrating for myself

I think you'll need to be uk top 6 or 7 to make it.. I think spurgy will go for p1 again, and tidgeny likes to do well in GTA also, so they'll take some of the top spots..

From one of last year's North American finalists:

"I had finished 7th in Canada, but due to ineligibilites and people declining the invitation I was fortunate enough to be the 3rd Canadian selected. There in lies lesson number 1 of GT Academy... never count yourself out. The rules and requirements of GT Academy are not easy for everyone to comply with, so every year qualifiers well outside of the top 32 are selected when the eligibilities are sorted out. The final American contestant selected qualified 50th, and the fourth Canadian had qualified 11th in Canada, and was notified just three days before we had to fly to New York. Lesson number 2, read the rules thoroughly. Lesson 3, keep an eye on your email after the qualifiers close, and remember to check your junk mail folder, because most of those notified found the initial email to have been filtered out as spam. There was a thread kept at GTPlanet that worked to sort out the ineligibilites by contacting people directly, and to quote a GT Academy representative, it was 'scary accurate', so get in contact with the community that develops around the GT Academy events. They also put on practice preperation races so competitors can get a taste of what the racing action will be like."

http://forgetful.kinja.com/gt-academy-national-finals-from-virtual-to-reality-and-1607811237

From one of last year's North American finalists:

"I had finished 7th in Canada, but due to ineligibilites and people declining the invitation I was fortunate enough to be the 3rd Canadian selected. There in lies lesson number 1 of GT Academy... never count yourself out. The rules and requirements of GT Academy are not easy for everyone to comply with, so every year qualifiers well outside of the top 32 are selected when the eligibilities are sorted out. The final American contestant selected qualified 50th, and the fourth Canadian had qualified 11th in Canada, and was notified just three days before we had to fly to New York. Lesson number 2, read the rules thoroughly. Lesson 3, keep an eye on your email after the qualifiers close, and remember to check your junk mail folder, because most of those notified found the initial email to have been filtered out as spam. There was a thread kept at GTPlanet that worked to sort out the ineligibilites by contacting people directly, and to quote a GT Academy representative, it was 'scary accurate', so get in contact with the community that develops around the GT Academy events. They also put on practice preperation races so competitors can get a taste of what the racing action will be like."

http://forgetful.kinja.com/gt-academy-national-finals-from-virtual-to-reality-and-1607811237
Thanks buddy it tells us that if your not in position then you can still have a chance but here in England this year it's top go straight to Dubai I think it will be around top 10 for us!

Latest Posts

Back