ACC Career: Struggling to get gold on Brands Hatch Wet Test

United States
United States
Firehound427
CivicTypeR15
Hi. I'm currently going through the career mode on Assetto Corsa Competizione, using the Porsche 911 GT3 R for the Sprint Cup part. My plan is to get the BMW M6 GT3 for the Endurance Cup part, but this involves me getting all gold medals on the Sprint Cup challenges. Right now, I'm stuck on the Wet Weather Test at Brands Hatch; whatever I do, I cannot seem to get higher than Silver, even though I'm turning in 1:31 best laps and making an effort to ensure all of my laps in the session are valid. What am I missing here? Should I aim for speed or consistency? Is there a setup for the Porsche I should be using? Is this challenge even possible to gold? Any help would be much appreciated.

I see AC is still known for their headaching hard events :lol:

Sorry man, have no answer as I am a console pesant but maybe @Pfei has a response to this one since last time I watched his career was already at 47% ;)

Hi. I'm currently going through the career mode on Assetto Corsa Competizione, using the Porsche 911 GT3 R for the Sprint Cup part. My plan is to get the BMW M6 GT3 for the Endurance Cup part, but this involves me getting all gold medals on the Sprint Cup challenges. Right now, I'm stuck on the Wet Weather Test at Brands Hatch; whatever I do, I cannot seem to get higher than Silver, even though I'm turning in 1:31 best laps and making an effort to ensure all of my laps in the session are valid. What am I missing here? Should I aim for speed or consistency? Is there a setup for the Porsche I should be using? Is this challenge even possible to gold? Any help would be much appreciated.

Hey Firehound, sorry I can't help ya either... right now. I've had ACC for a couple weeks or so but just really gave the Career mode a shot yesterday, as I was just popping in a doing some TT's for fun. Been mostly playing iRacing as I just got my PC together about a month ago (maybe less), but with all the shenanigans in iRacing:

Meaning, you may have several races in a row that are great and some good clean racing, you may get 1 or 4 in a row where there are nothing but asshats in there driving like an 8 year old on Forza 7.

So. I jumped back into ACC to play "by myself". I will say that if you can, when you run your wet test at BH, try and go faster every lap... I did that in the first one at Monza, I made a mistake on my last flying lap in the wet and even though my FL was almost 5 seconds faster than the Ai - I got silver... I did it again and just kept it clean, but also went faster in each following lap. Got gold.

Don't know if that is why, but it was the only thing I could see that was different than the silver.

Anyway, I may be able to do some more ACC this afternoon (thanks to this stupid virus) and I will report back with my progression at Brands.

By the way, I'm loving ACC, I think it's great!

I have just seen this post of yours. You are obviously on PC as this is prior to the console release.

I am having the same issue on PS4. So did you ever get an answer for this? I have been struggling and I can either get silver or nothing. Never bronze or gold.

I have just seen this post of yours. You are obviously on PC as this is prior to the console release.

I am having the same issue on PS4. So did you ever get an answer for this? I have been struggling and I can either get silver or nothing. Never bronze or gold.

I did not manage to achieve a Gold rank, unfortunately. However, I have reason to believe that this medal requirement may be based on consistency and/or improvement rather than all-out pace.

I did not manage to achieve a Gold rank, unfortunately. However, I have reason to believe that this medal requirement may be based on consistency and/or improvement rather than all-out pace.

Yes my thoughts too, so I have tried for all out pace - got Silver. Tried at nearly 10sec a lap slower for consistency and had 5 laps within 0.5sec of each other and got Silver. I have tried with wets, slicks and a pit stop to change over and still nothing. I have also tried several other things and the results are the same, nothing or silver :-( I think I must have done this now 25+ times. The only thing I have not changed is the car. I am using the 2018 Bently GT3. I have also considered rolling the game back to version 1.1.2 that was the original disc version as the update to ver 1.3.7 wrecked some other achievements >:-(

Also despite lots of online searching (and posts here) I cannot find anyone that has achieved Gold here. Lots of videos with local heroes doing the test BUT they all neglect to show any gold medal so I am assuming they never got it either. If they did, surely they would brag about it ;-) I know i would :-))

Wheras Misano wet test I golded it first attempt and had no idea what to do so what ever i did there it worked ;-) BTW second play through also golded it first go.

And before anyone says it, yes I have filled out a bug report about it and the the 3 career trophies.

Massive difficulty. I tried again and only got bronze.
Amazing, I researched a lot and nobody talks about the subject.
I recorded while driving, showed setup, 7 laps, lap time and MOTEC result.

If you know anything, please let me know.

Massive difficulty. I tried again and only got bronze.
Amazing, I researched a lot and nobody talks about the subject.
I recorded while driving, showed setup, 7 laps, lap time and MOTEC result.

If you know anything, please let me know.

I explained this ages ago on my thread PS4 Trophies.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ps4-trophies.394723/page-4

I had to do the career 3 times and get Gold each time to finally get the Platinum Trophy I know that this works.

Read my very first post about constantly saving or you WILL get caught with game crashes.

Anything else please ask.

I appreciate feedback.
Help me a lot to know how time is needed for the Gold.
Yeah, get out of the pit as fast as I could.

In my case, I started my career with the Lamborghini Youngster Program, without any assistance.
The Test result was:"Preliminary Test suggests the following difficulty for Your Career Mode: PRO / AI Skill: REAL / Driving Assists Allowed: Clutch & Engine Start"
This way, complete the "100%" career. But, because of this single test I didn't get the Gold.
The question is: How can? Gold in all except this test?
There must be a setup!!!. That's why my research, but like you, I didn't find anything that could help.
I don't want to be arrogant. If the game allows it, I would like to succeed.
Tks

Back