ACC handling/feel

• Thread starter hawkeyez
  • 15 comments
Canada
Canada
the-1st-hawkeyez
Would anybody be able to recommend some “Logitech G Pro wheel settings” as well as “in game settings” to help make it feel like I’m driving a car not a hovercraft or boat?

Maybe I’m just used of GT7, but to me the cars in GT7 feel like they have some weight to them. ACC right now is giving me a floating feeling. Also I can’t seem to get SimHub working with ACC on PS5 but I haven’t googled that at all yet. The car doesn’t feel connected to the road at all.

I used Logitech’s recommended settings for ACC. I’d like to get rid of the hovercraft feel and the extreme tilting when taking turns or gently steering left or right down a straight, the car just leans hard no matter what. My truck doesn’t even lean that hard when circling an exit ramp at a good speed. Haha First impressions were, this doesn’t feel like a car at all. Something must not be setup correctly in Wheel or game or both.

If anybody runs ACC on PS5 with a Logitech G Pro wheel, if you could kindly share your wheel and game settings with me I’d appreciate it.

I play ACC on PS5 (with a Fanatec) and it sounds like car setup is part of your problem. Are you using the preset Safe/Aggressive tunes or doing your own? I always tune the car for every track otherwise the handling feels off to me with the presets, tyre pressures play a part as well.
In game I have Min Force 0 Dynamic Damping 100 Road Effects 0, I also set steer lock to match the car I'm driving, you can find recommended settings for that here.

Last edited:
I play ACC on PS5 (with a Fanatec) and it sounds like car setup is part of your problem. Are you using the preset Safe/Aggressive tunes or doing your own? I always tune the car for every track otherwise the handling feels off to me with the presets, tyre pressures play a part as well.
In game I have Min Force 0 Dynamic Damping 100 Road Effects 0, I also set steer lock to match the car I'm driving, you can find recommended settings for that here.
Literally booted the game up again, only played it once before when it was on sale. Thanks I’ll try that.

Didn’t realize I had to tune physics into the game lol

If anybody runs ACC on PS5 with a Logitech G Pro wheel, if you could kindly share your wheel and game settings with me I’d appreciate it.
I'll probably fire the game and wheel up later so I'll make a note of my settings. I think the general game settings are the same as @Abarth_71's though. And if I remember correctly the frequency is set at 400hz and TF audio at 100. But as I say, I'll get back to you.

Since the latest ACC update that now fully supports the G Pro I can't say anything feels floaty, quite the opposite in fact, feels great.

I'll probably fire the game and wheel up later so I'll make a note of my settings. I think the general game settings are the same as @Abarth_71's though. And if I remember correctly the frequency is set at 400hz and TF audio at 100. But as I say, I'll get back to you.

Since the latest ACC update that now fully supports the G Pro I can't say anything feels floaty, quite the opposite in fact, feels great.
Yeah thanks, I figure something must be off. I tried to adjust that tilting of the car but couldn’t find an option to change that. Man it leans hard haha

I tried to adjust that tilting of the car but couldn’t find an option to change that. Man it leans hard haha
I can't say I've experienced the cars leaning, they have very stiff suspension so barely move.

But just a thought though, are you perhaps using the helmet camera view? Depending on the settings that tilts quite a lot as you vear from side to side. Perhaps that's the leaning you're seeing. If you pause the game you can adjust these settings in the view menu. Or try it a different view.

Also you do need to let the tyres warm up, that might reduce the floaty feeling. And use the safe car setups to start with.

Anyway here's my settings with the G Pro wheel on PS5
In-game.
Gain - 75% (I did try it at 200%. My wrist fracture should heal soon 😄)
Min Force - 0
Dynamic damping - 100%
Road effects - 20 (I quite like the subtle added sensations it gives)
Frequency - 400Hz
Steering lock - 1080°
Scale - 100%
Linearity - 1
Trueforce audio gain - 100%

Wheel base settings.
Strength 10Nm (you can adjust this on the fly if required)
TF audio - 35
FFB filter - 10
Dampener - 20
Angle - 1080° (seems to get dynamically altered by the game)
Brake force - up to you. Mine is at 33 with the stiffest elastomers.

I can't say I've experienced the cars leaning, they have very stiff suspension so barely move.

But just a thought though, are you perhaps using the helmet camera view? Depending on the settings that tilts quite a lot as you vear from side to side. Perhaps that's the leaning you're seeing. If you pause the game you can adjust these settings in the view menu. Or try it a different view.

Also you do need to let the tyres warm up, that might reduce the floaty feeling. And use the safe car setups to start with.

Anyway here's my settings with the G Pro wheel on PS5
In-game.
Gain - 75% (I did try it at 200%. My wrist fracture should heal soon 😄)
Min Force - 0
Dynamic damping - 100%
Road effects - 20 (I quite like the subtle added sensations it gives)
Frequency - 400Hz
Steering lock - 1080°
Scale - 100%
Linearity - 1
Trueforce audio gain - 100%

Wheel base settings.
Strength 10Nm (you can adjust this on the fly if required)
TF audio - 35
FFB filter - 10
Dampener - 20
Angle - 1080° (seems to get dynamically altered by the game)
Brake force - up to you. Mine is at 33 with the stiffest elastomers.
Thanks I’ll try those out. Hopefully saves the game for me, I got it on sale but still.

My pedals are G923 pedals. I’ll just play around with that.

Thanks for taking the time to write this down for me.

Would anybody be able to recommend some “Logitech G Pro wheel settings” as well as “in game settings” to help make it feel like I’m driving a car not a hovercraft or boat?

Maybe I’m just used of GT7, but to me the cars in GT7 feel like they have some weight to them. ACC right now is giving me a floating feeling. Also I can’t seem to get SimHub working with ACC on PS5 but I haven’t googled that at all yet. The car doesn’t feel connected to the road at all.

I used Logitech’s recommended settings for ACC. I’d like to get rid of the hovercraft feel and the extreme tilting when taking turns or gently steering left or right down a straight, the car just leans hard no matter what. My truck doesn’t even lean that hard when circling an exit ramp at a good speed. Haha First impressions were, this doesn’t feel like a car at all. Something must not be setup correctly in Wheel or game or both.

As has been said, remember your tyres aren't up to temp for 2 or 3 laps at least so the handling is very different at the start of a race. Less grip feels floaty. You've gotta take care and should start to feel the grip coming in every lap. It's a good feeling and the game represents it well imo.
If you're only do short races it can be handy to bump the pressures up a tad on the setup, then the grip will come in a bit quicker. That way you don't spend a chunk of your race with less grip.

Also use the aggressive preset to avoid too much understeer.
Other than that it could be down to wheel settings. Perhaps turn the FFB up

Last edited:
If you're only do short races it can be handy to bump the pressures up a tad on the setup, then the grip will come in a bit quicker. That way you don't spend a chunk of your race with less grip.
Wouldn’t it be less pressure for more grip?

Wouldn’t it be less pressure for more grip?
No you need to crank those numbers lol
If you look at the tyre HUD all 3 sections should ideally be at the same level, however the middle part always starts lower and will gradually increase over the course of a few laps.
By increasing the values a tad in the setup the sections will line up more quickly.
Of course if you go too extreme they'll overheat and you'll lose grip again..
I personally don't adjust much other than fuel (and roll bars if I'm playing with a controller) but tyre values are really quite key for this game.

No you need to crank those numbers lol
If you look at the tyre HUD all 3 sections should ideally be at the same level, however the middle part always starts lower and will gradually increase over the course of a few laps.
By increasing the values a tad in the setup the sections will line up more quickly.
Of course if you go too extreme they'll overheat and you'll lose grip again..
I personally don't adjust much other than fuel (and roll bars if I'm playing with a controller) but tyre values are really quite key for this game.
Huh I always assumed lower pressure equated to more grip but faster wear and higher pressure less grip and slower wear. Maybe higher pressures build more heat faster.

Anyway I’m pretty sure it’s gotta be in game settings and wheel because it definitely isn’t correct at all right now. It even feels floaty and skatey at slow speeds. Hope to try out those settings this weekend sometime. Still gotta figure out SimHub with ACC and PS5 yet too.

Last edited:
Huh I always assumed lower pressure equated to more grip but faster wear and higher pressure less grip and slower wear. Maybe higher pressures build more heat faster.

Anyway I’m pretty sure it’s gotta be in game settings and wheel because it definitely isn’t correct at all right now. It even feels floaty and skatey at slow speeds. Hope to try out those settings this weekend sometime. Still gotta figure out SimHub with ACC and PS5 yet too.
Yeah higher pressures generates more heat and therefore grip.
If you race in the GT4 class there's no tyre blankets so low heat, low pressure from the off. Your engineer even warns you about this and to stay away from the kerbs so as not to potentially spin out.

I play with a GT DD PRO, do you have any settings to recommend for the steering wheel on ACC?
THANKS

I play with a GT DD PRO, do you have any settings to recommend for the steering wheel on ACC?
THANKS
Give these a try.
FFB 100
PEAK
NDP 5
NFR 15
NIN 5
INT 10
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 30
DPR 100

In Game
Gain 60 - you’ll probably need to adjust this depending on the track to avoid clipping so use the in game FFB indicator to check. You might be able to increase it on smoother tracks and may have reduce it on bumpier ones.
Min Force 0
Dynamic Damping 100
Road Effects 0
Steer Lock car dependent

Give these a try.
FFB 100
PEAK
NDP 5
NFR 15
NIN 5
INT 10
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 30
DPR 100

In Game
Gain 60 - you’ll probably need to adjust this depending on the track to avoid clipping so use the in game FFB indicator to check. You might be able to increase it on smoother tracks and may have reduce it on bumpier ones.
Min Force 0
Dynamic Damping 100
Road Effects 0
Steer Lock car dependent
Great, thank you for your answer I will try ✌️

Give these a try.
FFB 100
PEAK
NDP 5
NFR 15
NIN 5
INT 10
FEI 100
FOR 100
SPR 30
DPR 100

In Game
Min Force 0
Dynamic Damping 100
Road Effects 0
Steer Lock car dependent
Thank you it's already better but it's so different with GT it takes a little time to get used to !

Back