ACC on PC or PS5?

• Thread starter B80
  • 20 comments

B80

England
Deadlights with Pennywise and the Balloons
naughty_teddy1
Hi all,

Recently started playing ACC on the Ps5 with my GT DD Pro setup.

Noticed its running 1,7.1, whereas pc has 1.8...

Has anyone played on both platforms, is it worth playing PC version instead for newer version? Also read threads that indicate support for console versions may not be great, compared to pc... plus bugs.

Thanks

B80
Hi all,

Recently started playing ACC on the Ps5 with my GT DD Pro setup.

Noticed its running 1,7.1, whereas pc has 1.8...

Has anyone played on both platforms, is it worth playing PC version instead for newer version? Also read threads that indicate support for console versions may not be great, compared to pc... plus bugs.

Thanks
1.8 will be coming to PS5 soon, I'd wait and see when it does, more news on dates at end of this month. If the update is good I'm intending to buy some of the DLC as the racing and force feedback is way ahead of other console racers imo.

I play on PS5 but if I had a PC I know where I'd be playing... Plus the original AC with limitless track and car mods... goes without saying imo

Yeah I have a top notch i9 extreme processor and 64gb ram, but only 560 amd rtx graphics... bought pc couple of years ago for my work /business so didn't 'invest' in a card better than I needed!

Looking at 3080 ti perhaps, now theyre readily available. Perhaps vr headset too, although acc **** on decent vr at present. Even top spec machines apparently.

I installed acc on pc earlier, but runs like crap, hooked up to my 4k TV in lounge.

Also tempted by iracing, apparently runs on lower spec pcs... old game I guess, so shouldn't be massive surprise.

Rabbit hole of pc/sim racing ...

Last edited:
On PS5 it's the best sim racing game out there and the game runs great,
but the pc version will always be better than the console version.

Weather you should play on PS5 on console is entirely up to you mate.
Things you could consider:
What do your friends play on?
Is is worth spending much money on a good pc when a $500 PS5 also does the job?

I myself play ACC on PS5 and am really enjoying it. No hassle with pc management/updates etc, just start the game and start racing :cool:

Last edited:
I can't speak for everyone, but 1.8 on PC hasn't been a great experience.

Not sure if my wheel and other settings factor in, but the cars feel like they have 0 front grip now. I'm understeering all over the place now. Setups and changing wheel settings have helped marginally, but the game overall doesn't feel as good anymore.

I can't speak for everyone, but 1.8 on PC hasn't been a great experience.

Not sure if my wheel and other settings factor in, but the cars feel like they have 0 front grip now. I'm understeering all over the place now. Setups and changing wheel settings have helped marginally, but the game overall doesn't feel as good anymore.

Surprised to read this. It feels super communicative on my old g27.

Surprised to read this. It feels super communicative on my old g27.
I don’t know what it is. I’ve definitely heard people say that it’s working completely fine and others that have the same issue as me. I can't really say what's causing it one way or another, but if this is how the game is supposed to feel I doubt I'll be playing it anymore.

The contrast of driving gt3s in iRacing opposed to ACC is bizarre. Maybe ACC does have more authentic physics, but right now every car in that game seems undrivable with regular settings. I turned up my steering lock to 1000, and I turn my steering ratio all the way down in the setups just to make things manageable. But at the very least these cars feel completely joyless to drive now.

I don’t know what it is. I’ve definitely heard people say that it’s working completely fine and others that have the same issue as me. I can't really say what's causing it one way or another, but if this is how the game is supposed to feel I doubt I'll be playing it anymore.

The contrast of driving gt3s in iRacing opposed to ACC is bizarre. Maybe ACC does have more authentic physics, but right now every car in that game seems undrivable with regular settings. I turned up my steering lock to 1000, and I turn my steering ratio all the way down in the setups just to make things manageable. But at the very least these cars feel completely joyless to drive now.
Do you still have to change the steering ratio for each car or has that been fixed?

Do you still have to change the steering ratio for each car or has that been fixed?

I only knew that to be a console issue, but maybe it impacted PC at some point too. But ever since I switched to PC (August of last year) I haven't had to change the steering lock for each car. I gave that a try for the Mclaren after 1.8 and it was way worse sadly.

It sucks cause I used to really enjoy ACC racing.

I only knew that to be a console issue, but maybe it impacted PC at some point too. But ever since I switched to PC (August of last year) I haven't had to change the steering lock for each car. I gave that a try for the Mclaren after 1.8 and it was way worse sadly.

It sucks cause I used to really enjoy ACC racing.
Didn't realise you were on PC.

I’d say it’s night and day difference , I have a PS5 and out of curiosity tried ACC as I had it in my library to download from PS4 days but I couldn’t stomach it for long. I have hours logged on PC1 / 2 and ACC on PS4 but once you’ve moved to PC for Sim racing you wouldn’t go back. I enjoyed racing on my PS4 though before tasting PC.
Not hating on consoles I love my PS5 but didn’t buy it for ACC or other racing games.

I had ACC for the PC for several years, also purchased the XBOX One version, but unfortunately it had terrible frame rate issues and was unplayable, with the PS5 version I purchased it's a world of difference, the games frame rate is pretty stable, though it has less options & no ability to add custom livery's than the PC version, I would recommend it.

Game Play (PS5)

I’m enjoying ACC 1.7 on PS5 so much that I kinda don’t want the 1.8 update. I’m afraid that I’ll feel like gingerbredman said. I guess we’ll have to wait and find out.

I’m enjoying ACC 1.7 on PS5 so much that I kinda don’t want the 1.8 update. I’m afraid that I’ll feel like gingerbredman said. I guess we’ll have to wait and find out.
I’ve kinda come around on 1.8. After the US tracks came out it doesn’t seem as bad. I think my situation was just a perfect storm given that it came around right as I started playing iRacing. I still don’t love the physics, but it’s manageable. Just be prepared to slide around a bit more :lol:

I made the switch to PC recently and have been enjoying ACC on its highest graphical settings. However, console players might be interested to know that some of the visual jank is still present on PC, particularly the way shadows pop in as you navigate your way around the track. Also, the mirrors look dreadful even when the resolution and draw distance options are cranked all the way up. The same goes for spectator flags in the background that seem to be moving at about 15fps. It's distracting. Along with those issues there's just an occasional roughness to the PC game's visuals that you don't notice on YouTube streams. But when you're sat right in front of a 4K monitor it's undeniably there.

Previously I had blamed all of that stuff on the console port but I now realise those issues are simply baked into the ACC experience.

To return to the OP's question, play it on PC if your machine is capable of running it, especially if you want to compete online. Services like Low Fuel Motorsports are doing God's work with online careers, licenses, matchmaking.

I enjoyed the original AC on PS4 and ACC on PS5 and will always be grateful for that introduction to sim racing. But PC is where it's at for this hobby and culture. The choice of sims and the hardware options, competition infrastructure, mods and number of free and paid services available to PC sim racers completely blows console out of the water. I'm kicking myself that I didn't make the switch sooner.

I made the switch to PC recently and have been enjoying ACC on its highest graphical settings. However, console players might be interested to know that some of the visual jank is still present on PC, particularly the way shadows pop in as you navigate your way around the track. Also, the mirrors look dreadful even when the resolution and draw distance options are cranked all the way up. The same goes for spectator flags in the background that seem to be moving at about 15fps. It's distracting. Along with those issues there's just an occasional roughness to the PC game's visuals that you don't notice on YouTube streams. But when you're sat right in front of a 4K monitor it's undeniably there.

Previously I had blamed all of that stuff on the console port but I now realise those issues are simply baked into the ACC experience.

To return to the OP's question, play it on PC if your machine is capable of running it, especially if you want to compete online. Services like Low Fuel Motorsports are doing God's work with online careers, licenses, matchmaking.

I enjoyed the original AC on PS4 and ACC on PS5 and will always be grateful for that introduction to sim racing. But PC is where it's at for this hobby and culture. The choice of sims and the hardware options, competition infrastructure, mods and number of free and paid services available to PC sim racers completely blows console out of the water. I'm kicking myself that I didn't make the switch sooner.
I absolutely agree. I made a switch recently too. It's a huge difference. ACC on PC is at completely different level. The communities are better and much bigger. Visual side of game is also better. But more important, it's much more precise in terms of FFB, the immersion is better.

On other side the price of decent PC is much higher than PS5. But still cheaper than real racing car :)

Back